[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll try to make this short. >friday night >my older
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 570x723) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 570x723
I'll try to make this short.
>friday night
>my older brother completely flips out and accuses me and several other members of my family of molesting him in his sleep and trying to poison him
>he runs out of the house screaming for someone to call 911
>parents call the police and have him commited
>he gets diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia

The past few days have been really hard. We all keep crying and crying. He came home from the hospital today and the rest of the family had been kind to him but I haven't spoken a word to him.
Can someone please tell me what to do?
>>
rape him. no one will believe him.
>>
>>16620279
Usually I find dark humor really funny.
But considering recent events that actually hurt pretty bad man.Ow.
>>
>>16620270

theres nothing to really do at this point but try and live life the best you can and make accomodations for your brother wherever possible. dont let him control your life. there will likely come a time where your parents expect you to give up large parts of your life to stay home and take care of your brother. something like missing out on love or a career or school or what have you.

you'll feel guilty but you have to do whats best for you, not for him.
>>
>>16620279
>>16620282

sorry but this was hilarious.
>>
schizophrenia is incurable and he's in a living hell. you should probably poison him.
>>
>>16620284
Look.
I don't have much of a social life; I've never had a girlfriend or a lot of friends.
For many years my older brother was my best friend in the whole world.We would make each other piss our pants from laughing so hard.
But when I looked in his eyes Friday night it was like none of that ever happened;it was like I was looking at a stranger.
He accused me,his own brother,of molesting him in his sleep. I know he's sick but I just can't forget that happened.
>>
>>16620295
If it wasn't my brother I would probably find it funny too man.
>>
>>16620314

>I just can't forget that happened.

he will though. so why dont you? it was a crazy statement made in a crazy moment. think of all the times you were on 4chan and you said something like 'kill yourself' or 'hitler did nothing wrong' or anything ridiculous. and you were of sound mind (we hope).

your brother said something crazy and likely forgot already. likely will say a lot of crazy things he will likely forget as well.

so you can forget it to. it really is no big deal compared to the enormity of the situation.

you'll still be able to make him laugh til he pisses his pants though. might even be easier now.
>>
>>16620314
My grandmother, who raised me, suffered from dementia the last year's of her life. She did a lot of shit that eventually killed my love for her.

Then she got too senile to keep doing shit/recognize me. She always called me by my brothers name and spoke I'll of me to me.

Don't let that kind of thing get to you, it's not them that it's doing that. Their mind is not working correctly and you have to try as hard as you can to remember the good times. Eventually he'll be gone and you could regret having lost time with him (or what's left of him) just because you were too busy feeling offended.
>>
Oh,and I forgot to mention one tiny detail.
That same night,while he's yelling at us that we all touched him in his sleep,he decides to yell that he's gay and that he cross dresses when we're out of the house. Hell,we have two younger siblings who haven't even hit puberty yet that heard him yell that.Christ.
>>
>>16620346
I want to forgive him. I do. I just don't know how to tell him without it turning into emotional waterworks. I hate touchy feely moments.
>>
>>16620361
>Oh,and I forgot to mention one tiny detail, I'm a rabid homophobe.
>>
>>16620373
I'm fine with him being gay but did he have to come out so dramatically
>>
>>16620372
There's nothing he can do to control that kind of thing, thus there's nothing to discuss. You have the problem and you should solve it.

It's like getting pissed at a baby for vomiting on you and expecting an apology. Not only you are dumb for getting angry but you're also a entitled bitch for expecting something which cannot be given.

Do you really think he wouldn't be sorry if he knew what is going on?, you think the brother which shared all those moments with you wants to feel like that?
>>
>>16620389
Yeah.
Hell,man. You're right. I just still can't believe this happening. He's been kind of funny for years but we all just thought he was eccentric.
You can imagine how dumb we feel now.
>>
>>16620384
>it's ok he's gay just don't tell the children.
you're a homophobe.
>>
>>16620410
Dude,I'll let you in on a little secret: I'm a fan of dick and dresses too.
But I don't tell my family about it because I don't consider it any of their business.
Is that cowardly?
>>
>>16620407
It's a terrible situation, hopefully the painful moments to come will unite you and your family.
>>
>>16620434
>Dude,I'll let you in on a little secret:
Dude, you're still a homophobe.
>Is that cowardly?
no, your family is a bunch of insane homophobes, I would not tell them shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 500x333
>>16620455
K.
>>
>>16620384
He's probably not actually gay, it's a symptom of schizophrenia...
>>
>>16620694
I'll tell you a morbidly funny story.
>decide to check out grindr
>download app,install account
>cool and all
>but why does it say the nearest grindr user is 20 feet away?
I chalked it up to the app fucking up and never made the connection.That was two weeks ago.
I feel dumb.
>>
>>1662070
Symptoms of thought disorder, which comes with schizophrenia:

Sometimes thought disorder will manifest itself in the person’s sexuality. They may begin to believe that they are gay even though they have been quite happily heterosexual before. They may begin to become sexually disinhibited, making sexual advances towards members of their family or towards total strangers in the street.
>>
>>16620279
If this was a YLYL ...I lost hard
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.