[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slept with my friends ex girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 1416157782839.gif (491 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1416157782839.gif
491 KB, 460x345
I've known this friend for about 5 years and he's always had my back.
His girlfriend broke up with him 2 months ago because he would break things and hold her down when he was angry. He's still heartbroken.
I invited him to go to a bar last night, but he was hanging out with a woman that he's not really interested in and told me some other time.
I went to the bar and saw his ex girlfriend for the first time since they broke up and we had a fun night and we wound up having sex. I initiated it.

I don't know what to do now. I feel horrible. It would destroy him if he knew. And he probably would want to beat the shit out of me.

Please help.
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 798x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 798x1200
>>16620183
Put a dime in the jukebox pal.
This songs called 'What he don't know won't hurt him.'
>>
Baitthread/10
>>
Shit cunt friend/10
You fell for her bait
>>
"Bitches come they go"
Jesus Christ. You fucking screwed it. And there is no turning back.
What you can do is learn the lesson and always get your homies back.
As my father says:there are seas of bitches and brook of friends, choose wisely
>>
>>16620195

I'm basically thinking about this. It's the only conclusion I can come to at this point.

Is that the solution? Is telling him and getting the shit beat out of me the solution?

I have no fucking clue.
>>
>>16620241

Don't tell him but don't lie about it if he finds out.

If he tries to fight you at least fight back.
>>
>>16620183

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with sleeping with a friends ex girlfriend. If they were together and she cheated on him with you, totally different story. But she is not his property and they are broken up. Adults have sex. If he can't accept this then he's a manchild still stuck in this bros before hoes middle school mindset and you're better off finding someone else to be friends with because someone who is so immature they would get angry that their ex girlfriend is fucking another guy is not worth being friends with.

Don't bother listening to the fedora tipping virgins in this thread bashing you. You haven't done anything wrong.
>>
>>16620431

A part of me feels this way as well.

I appreciate you putting that side of it into perspective.
>>
>>16620431
Dude, most people out in the real world wouldn't be okay with this either. Walk around in a random college campus and ask people, "Would it be okay to sleep with your best friend's ex? Oh yeah, assume he's not over her." Betcha a solid majority say something along the lines of, "no way, man."

And frankly that's pretty fucking reasonable. Sometimes even if you initiated the breakup it stings to find out your ex has gotten with somebody else. That's not immaturity, that's deep-set biological conditioning, and having a modicum of respect for that is real fucking basic. Despite your blithering about "fedora tipping virgins" I can't help but wonder about your social skills that you don't get this.
>>
>>16620463

You're welcome, best of luck with it.
>>
>>16620479

>Deep set biological conditioning

No. It's social conditioning and has nothing to do with biology. The only people who get offended by something like this are possessive people who shouldn't have been in a relationship in the first place.
>>
>>16620492
Are you actually an idiot? Are you seriously trying to argue that sexual jealousy is "social conditioning?"
>>
Bros before hoes is a sacred motto. To infringe upon it evokes the penalty of being a faggot.

I'd personally nut the fuck up and tell him, straight out, apologize and then make it up for it.
>>
>>16620501

It would make sense if she was cheating on him. But when they are broken up for a while?

Yeah, it's social conditioning. She is not his property she can fuck who she wants. The only people that would get offended by this are the insecure and possessive. My ex fucked some dude about a month after we broke up. I was mad at first- because I was in high school and about 16 years old. I didn't know how to control my feelings.

Now that I am older, it doesn't bother me. I have hooked up with a close friends ex and he was totally fine with it.

I am saying this to you before it's too late, lose the trench coat and grow up.
>>
When me and her talked about it in the morning she looked at me dumb-founded when I got into this aspect.

I don't know what anyone means by baited.
It's not like this was some intricate ploy to ruin our friendship or hurt his feelings.

They lived together and she basically tried to escape one night and failed when he held her down and then wouldn't get out of her car. The next day she brought some friends over to help her leave.

I don't really feel like I'm getting in between a lovers quarrel. It seems like it was just time.
>>
>>16620532
I don't know who you think you're talking to, but your tone is wildly inappropriate here. I'm well into adulthood and married, so lose the condescension. You're not dispensing advice to me; we're having a discussion. One that you happen to be on the wrong side of.

People don't let go of their feelings the instant they break up with somebody. Attachment and jealousy lingers for a while. You've been broken up for six months to a year? Hopefully you've moved on, and if you haven't, yes, you probably have some issues you need to work on. Two months? It's fine if you haven't been able to completely let go. I don't actually need to convince you of this, it's practically self-evident -- look around you. Plenty of well-adjusted people won't have completely moved on two months out of a serious relationship, and most people wouldn't exactly be delighted to find out their best friend and ex had hooked up. You do understand the question isn't "did they have a right to do it," it's "is it kind of a dick move?"

Unless you think most people are immature and unreasonable and you're the only sane man, in which case I'm done talking to you.
>>
Though it's worth noting that this is increasingly sounding less like a lover's quarrel or a bad breakup and more like abuse, in which case the ex-boyfriend's feelings are not much of a priority in my mind.
>>
>>16620183
Is there any proof it happened in the first place? If not just deny it if asked.
>>
>>16620591

Again, you're a manchild who can't control his emotions. When your wife inevitably divorces you and starts fucking someone else I hope you don't go on a homicidal rampage.
>>
>>16620603

She was at the bar with a girlfriend of hers. I've never met this woman but she told me they met through my friend. I don't know how close everyone is.

She saw me ask the ex if she wanted to hang out afterwards.
>>
>>16620631
Don't underestimate our power
>>
>>16620631
I'm inclined to wonder at this point whether you're actually just trolling. If you're not, the only one in this thread who's demonstrated immature & emotional behavior is you. Wise up. And don't reply to this.
>>
>>16620664

>Haha don't reply to this post xD

Manchild confirmed. Wanting to assert your superiority online, can't handle criticism and open your mind to different views. I feel sorry for your wife.
>>
>>16620669
xD
>>
File: 1425532154884.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1425532154884.gif
983 KB, 500x364
I feel a lot better now.

Everyone gave me helpful straight forward opinions and kept it light at the end.

Thank you /adv/.
>>
[OP, sorry for the meta-]

>>16620673
Darth Pegasus, do you post anything besides shitposting?
>>
>>16620693
Not completely sure what you're looking for. There's two schools of thought on stuff like this, the "man up and tell him" school and the "he's better off not knowing" school. Even with morally clearer cases like cheating. You're not going to get a unanimous response.

My personal take: although I strongly subscribe to the first school when it comes to actual betrayals (infidelity, etc), in this case I just don't see any benefit in telling him. This isn't an actual "violation"; just, you know, kind of a dick move.

And from what you've written it sounds like he could get violent, and telling him could be placing his ex in harm's way. Or you, for that matter. Don't do that.

>>16620669
If I'm dismissive it's because you're acting like a belligerent teenager and I'm getting tired of it. If you actually wanted to have a discussion in good faith I gave you plenty of chances to do so. As you like, though; thread's yours if you want to have the last word.
>>
File: 1447280815129.jpg (241 KB, 755x1133) Image search: [Google]
1447280815129.jpg
241 KB, 755x1133
>>16620725
What is the point of this post again?
>>
>>16620737
The same as yours - nothing.
Minus the reasonless tripfaggotry.
>>
File: madoka-1.png (283 KB, 641x361) Image search: [Google]
madoka-1.png
283 KB, 641x361
>>16620753
Its all nothing my dear friend
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.