[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it odd for me to think like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: money.jpg (110 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
110 KB, 500x500
It makes me sad that everything in life revolves around money. All companies strive to maximise their profits despite what their missions and visions are, even charities strive to get as much money as possible, and everyone cares about money. Money seems to be the priority for everything.
>>
Yep, pretty shitty existence. And chasing money doesn't make you happy.
Life is really just about acquiring skills and being useful.
>>
>>16620187
This
>>
>>16620144
No, but that's just what life is like. Money does matter.
>>
>>16620187
/thread
>>
If companies do not seek profit, their businesses will not be sustainable. Making a loss kills your company and thus destroys your ability to make a living doing what you love instead of working for someone else. The pursuit of money in and of itself isn't too bad, its when companies start to just pursue money without offering any value to customers or just generally being shitty that it violates peoples sense of fairness imo
>>
>>16620144
find a balance as most people do.

Where you earn enough so you have the means to live the life you want to, but you don't spend all your time at work.
>>
>>16620144
Nah it's not odd. I mean, it's true that most things in life have some kind of monetary aspect, and that's fine and probably necessary; but when it becomes the be-all and end-all of everything, it's a downer and kind of unhealthy I think.

I always thought if I were well enough to go back to work, I'd try to find a company that cares just enough about money to stay in business, but also cares about other shit and doesn't chew up and spit out its employees, wreck the environment, etc. I'm not sure what that place would be though.
>>
Money is the priority for most people because most people's desires require money.

You can still be a stand up man and help others around you without money, more so even than people with money.

It's not the money that matters, it's the kind of influence you want to have on the people around you.
>>
Best way to think about it: http://capitalismmagazine.com/2002/08/franciscos-money-speech/
>>
>>16620144
No, I think this viewpoint is incredibly normal.

>>16621083
This times a thousand.
>>
Money is not a bad thing. Our society needs to perform transactions of good and services in order to work properly. It is a tool. It is neutral, useful and efficient. There is absolutely no reason to associate the concept of money with greed or materialism if you are past your teenage angst phase.
>>
>>16620144
you must realize that money is a tool. it is not the goal, it is the tool with which you build your goal. some people want money for its own sake, and that is dumb. smart people pursue money for what it is- the most useful and versatile of all tools
>>
Personally I fucking hate this materialistic corporatocracy profit before people world we live in and ache for changr , that being said being sad or down won't change the system and in order to have some standard of living you generally need some income.

One choice could be to accept this IS the reality of our world at present and try your best to fit in, but support political partys/NGO which look to change the way it works.

Another idea which involves more work is to so something about it.

Volunteer for NGO, start your own political party or movement etc etc

Personally I'm lazy so I go with the 1st option

Hope that helps
>>
>>16621275
It was JUST what I expected, this rehash is nothing but a glib facsimile.
If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my
mental balance is very stable.
Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.
A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not
even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.
Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.
It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.
But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.
The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line
check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping
drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.
Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
wtf??????
>>
Money is money. Paper is paper.
What the fudge you do with it, I don't care.
Don't be a fucking asshole or dick with it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.