[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"What Would You Do?" Thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1414812085568s.jpg (6 KB, 250x191) Image search: [Google]
1414812085568s.jpg
6 KB, 250x191
Let's Play a game /adv/.

Get in here and greentext your situation in 15 lines or less and we tell each other how we would proceed.

Keep it honest. Keep shitposting to a minimum.

I'll start:

>24 yo. Male. Perfectly healthy. 6'2". 7/10 on a good day.
>Have B.S. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences
>Missed the deadline for Fall 2016 grad school
>Don't want to go to school, anyways. Have zero interest in it anymore.
>Sounds cheesy but I've always wanted to be a musician.I want to create music and gain respect/admiration.
>Missed deadline for music school too, would be too expensive anyways.
>Work as phone salesman.
>Net income (after costs, that is) of $500 a month.
>$10k in savings. Maybe $8k in assets. 20k in student loan debt (stanford).
>Living costs mostly covered because living with parents.
>No gf, no wife, no kids, no obligations besides work.
>My plan is to stay put and keep saving but I'm wondering.....

I'm considering:
>(Directly pursuing my dream) Investing $5k in musical equip and improving my musical abilities while working and saving money.
>(Indirectly pursuing my dream with high potential to give up) Going for grad school or gaining employment directly related to my degree.

What would you do?
>>
>Don't want to go to school, anyways. Have zero interest in it anymore.

You just answered you're own question. Life is too short to do things you literally have zero interest in doing. Don't go to grad school if you truly have no interest in it. Either pursue the musician thing, or work with the degree you have now, or do both of those things simultaneously if you can handle it.

I really don't have a situation I can ask about here. I am suffering from chronic illness and I may commit suicide soon. What I decide to do with my life will be based more on upcoming medical test results than advice on the internet. But I still like to come on here and help other people out.

My advice is this. Life is meant to be enjoyed. If you're happy overall, keep doing what you're doing. If you're unhappy overall, change something.
>>
Why do you need to go to grad school? A bsc allows you to practice as a pharmacist.
>>
>>16620401
I'm already certified as a pharm tech. I could get licensed by the state and get a job.

I think you misunderstand. I'm Bachelors pharmaceutical chemist. Drug Design. R&D.

I can't work as a pharmacist without getting a Dr of Pharmacy graduate degree and getting licensed.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.