[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have experience with taking risperidone for anxiety and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Anyone have experience with taking risperidone for anxiety and mood swings associated with bipolar NOS? I was only prescribed 2 mg but I heard it makes you a lethargic zombie and even of you take it at night you feel like shit the next day. I also know it's antipsychotic and not meant for anxiety and mood swings really idk
>>
It's usually given to schizophrenics to quiet their delusions.

A friend of mine was wrongly diagnosed and took it for a few weeks (3mg). It did sedate him, was very hungry, and blurred his vision.

I don't ever want to discourage a medication that you may need to function, but there are some nasty long term side effects with this Ned like diabetes.

I would try to talk to your doctor about a med with less side effects. You can also try the drug yourself for awhile to get you through whatever's going on. Just remember this drug needs to be tapered off
>>
Medications work differently for different people. What happened to some people won't necessarily happen to you. This drug could be the right drug for you, or it might not be.

Just don't try to "deal with" the side effects. If the side effects get in the way of your life, the drug is not for you.
>>
>>16619796
Does the depression and grogginess go away after awhile?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.