[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice/Insight on attracting Men my age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Forcing Tulips in Water[4].jpg (97 KB, 527x717) Image search: [Google]
Forcing Tulips in Water[4].jpg
97 KB, 527x717
Hey /adv/, would anyone be willing to provide some insight to my situation?

I'm 27 year old, female. I find that men within my age group are not attracted me, however very young men (like teenagers, college students) and older men (40 year olds, baby boomers, etc.) are attracted to me and often do make advances. I've had a few circumstances where I've been interested in a guy, only to find out his divorced father thinks I'm hot, or his (married) father is encouraging the son to bed and/or date me.

Can anyone provide a reason as to why this may be happening? Is it perhaps that I intimidate guys? I'm smart, I'm attending an Ivy League for my Masters, and I also look/dress young for my age. I have been told that I'm also very mentally, emotionally mature. Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1451093740793.jpg (87 KB, 563x844) Image search: [Google]
1451093740793.jpg
87 KB, 563x844
26 m here, looking for college grills

young dudes can like a chick with experience

Old dudes wanna live old times.

sorry I can't help you but those are the averages, looks like you're looking for the specifics, in which case, what do ppl your age do? I think it's work so it fukt
>>
>>16619466
>I'm smart, I'm attending an Ivy League for my Masters, and I also look/dress young for my age. I have been told that I'm also very mentally, emotionally mature.

It has nothin' to do with that.

Old guys are in that "Don't give a fuck if I'm a creepy old perv" stage of their lives and younger guys are in that "Shit, gotta get laid so people don't think I'm a loser virgin" stage in their lives.

You're hot, but 27 year old men are like "Yeah, she's hot, but I gotta get this presentation done for work tonight and shit".

Also, you're still in education - you're pretty much gonna be surrounded by young people and their dads. Guys your own age are mostly working and avoiding the leftist indoctrination camps that are the educational system. I mean, shit, why the fuck would I get into a lifetime of debt just to have mandatory "If she say's no, don't stick your penis inside her" patronising sexist classes.

Fuck that shit. All the men your age are at work. Ironically, only those too stupid to see what the education system has become will still remain inside it.
>>
That age bracket is right in the middle of the bell curve of self doubt and being uneasy... i think the young ones show they openly want you cause they still have a sex drive which outweighs every other thought n reasoning and all they want is you physically and the older rogue lions;
A) see a young hot woman
b) have the hindsight to see how driven and successful you are already and hence push their boys to be with you..

You gotta accept that a guy in this age bracket may feel intimidated and overshadowed by a young successful girl like you.. but then again your probably gonna weed out the inferiority complexed guys and only be approached by men who are alot more mature and self confident
>>
I'm 29 and I don't even register girls my age on the radar. I just stick to the default 22-25 year olds
>>
>>16619466

You're just too old for guys your age. Guys are hitting their prime around now, you're hitting your decline hard and fast. Older men will want you because to them you're a younger woman. Younger guys with a milf fetish would probably be into you, and also a lot of younger guys know women your age are getting desperate and are an easy lay. Very few men would actually want a relationship with a woman much older than them though, so don't be surprised if all they want is sex.
>>
29 male here

These anons are correct:
>>16619553
>>16619557
>>
>>16619466
27 year old guy here. I would be happy to tell you that there are only a couple things I don't like seeing in a woman. But believe me when I say I want a girl the same age as me. Remember these are probably not universal because I'm lax about so many details.

1. When she's in grad school out of state and only here for winter break/ temporary/seasonal
2. When she's too shy to say what she's looking for. This applies to in person and on dating sites/apps. If you don't want to have sex with near strangers it should be easy to say.
3. When a woman makes a dating profile and does not show her body type. Physical attraction is important. The worst is assumed when all I see is face pics.
4. Besides that its really basic stuff. I don't want a satan worshiper, transsexual, single mother, or completely broke woman.

Are you hot OP? I wonder purely for intellectual curiosity
>>
>>16619493
Kk

>>16619502
>Also, you're still in education - you're pretty much gonna be surrounded by young people and their dads. Guys your own age are mostly working and avoiding the leftist indoctrination camps that are the educational system. I mean, shit, why the fuck would I get into a lifetime of debt just to have mandatory "If she say's no, don't stick your penis inside her" patronising sexist classes.

That makes total sense. I'm sort of an outlier in my niche as I'm a conservative. Originally, I was going to go into academia, but now I'm trying to go for a professional degree after I complete my Masters. I'm working retail in a very masculine environment (hardware and farming.) Blue collar guys have really grown on me.

>>16619534
Thanks, I'm learning this. I appreciate the advice.

>>16619557
It's weird, because I see myself more attractive now than ten years ago. My skin isn't oily or pimply, I have more of a figure now (was under 100lbs in college), went from an AA to a C cup. I was awkward looking in high school and most of college naturally white blonde hair with a huge forehead. Now my hair has turned a golden blonde and I've "grown" into myself. Most of the coworkers in their late teens, early twenties think I'm 19 or 20. I've been trying to reconnect with guys who I went to highschool with who are still in the area.

Honestly, I don't feel very comfortable dating classmates at university, since it can very difficult to verify someone's background. The average college student seems very transient, and I can tell you from personal experience that there are a lot of messed up people at the college level, both as students and within academia. I'd rather date an old highschool classmate of modest means knowing that they come from a dysfunctional family than date a current classmate and not know what I am getting into. Am I limiting myself, maybe?
>>
>>16619662
I live with my family (another thing that might deter guys) Boarding is too expensive and it makes more sense to live at home, spend time with my family and help around the house with stuff like gardening, cooking, laundry, cleaning rather than spend 1,000 plus a month on a studio. I don't think I'm hot, I'm satisfied with my looks though. I'm 5'4", 140lbs (could stand to lose a little weight, but I've never been told I'm fat.) I've been told I look like Uma Thurman, who is kind of ugly-pretty depending on who you ask. Their family lives in my area, and I've had people ask if I'm related to them in anyway. Kind of awkward.
>>
>Is it perhaps that I intimidate guys?

Yeah, that's probably it...
>>
>>16619466
Smelling nice goes a really long way
>>
>>16619885
Yeah honestly this is a huge factor OP and not one that is your problem really.
Someone who's masculinity isn't threatened by your status, confidence and empowerment will come along eventually, regardless of what people on here will tell you. Trust me.
>>
>>16619466

Another 29 year old here... for me, I think my biggest concern with girls my age (or 2 years younger), is that they stopped being fun. Too many single girls I know these days drop the "I'm too old for that" line, and their plans outside of work include sipping on half a bottle of chardonnay while watching Netflix, making themselves a sensible dinner, and cuddling their cat/dog. I have a good job that I take seriously, but I still make the time to go out with friends, have some laughs, and take life one step at a time. My last girlfriend was so obsessed with keeping up appearances that it was miserable. There was zero spontaneity.

Maybe that's all an effect of aging, but I think there's a lot of life to live still, and people need to loosen up.
>>
>>16619910
>tfw I can't tell if you actually believe this or not
>>
>>16619884
Ok. I hear ya. Ive dated a woman with those exact dimensions. I would like to add then that flirting will only help. Smile and stare. They will get the message. Do you go over guys places to have sex? Hows it work with parents still in the picture?
>>
>>16619910
Not sure if trolling? If not, thanks.

>>16619945
This is something I've never considered. Thank you!
>>
>>16620014
I usually stay over at the guy's place. Having sex in our home feels very weird, it's something both my younger sister and I have noted. It's not that our parents have a problem with us being sexually active, but all the bedrooms are quartered in one part of the house. I could have sex in the guestroom, but I'd have to be in a committed relationship for a few months. Even then, Idk if my parents would be comfortable with the whole "morning after" thing.
>>
>>16619884

I'm the guy that was talking about fun before and I missed this post. Going over to my girlfriend's parents' house is something I'd like to avoid in picking her up and such. I'm at an age where I don't want to have a parent eyeballing me and questioning my intentions - plus it sucks for my house to always be the sleepover spot.

It's not a dealbreaker, but if I were you I'd definitely look into getting a place of your own, or with roommates. This is all assuming you're looking for someone reasonably mature at your age, and not someone who still lives at home too, in which case all bets are off, and your world opens up more, probably.
>>
>>16619466
Are you asking men out or just waiting for them to "make advances" first? Maybe stop expecting the man to always do all of the work. I'm sure if you actually made some advances of your own, you'd have a lot of success as long as you're not fat.

Have you tried online dating? It's a goldmine for women. Again unless you're fat, you can easily find a boyfriend within weeks on there as long as you put work in instead of waiting for them to message you.
>>
>>16620137
Thank you, I appreciate your insight and moving out to a roommate type situation is something that I've been thinking seriously about over the past few weeks. Again, thanks! :)
>>
>>16619865
>It's weird, because I see myself more attractive now than ten years ago.
Part of it's mentally. Older women aren't as fun, sorry to be blunt. Sexually, younger women are often more adventurous I think. And even outside of sex I've found they're more fun and adventurous too.

Also keep in mind that women usually expect the guy to take all of the initiative and be in charge in the relationship. It's just easier to take on that responsibility with a younger woman. Are you willing to try doing more of an equal split instead? Tons of guys would prefer that but very, very few women are open to actually having gender equality in the relationship, and it's just more difficult to live up to traditional gender roles dating a woman the same age as us.
>>
>>16620150
Maybe I should be more upfront with guys I'm interested in. I try to flirt, but maybe I'm not flirting or showing my interest enough?

>>16620177
Agreed. I'm open to both types honestly, though I think I'd prefer something closer to a traditional role, as it's what I'm used to now. However, I'm secure enough with myself in that I could also do something more egalitarian, or even something that requires me to be the more dominant one.

In the end, a relationship is a two way street. Adaptability and communication are key. You might go into one relationship expecting certain role and then realizing that circumstances require something totally different at a certain point.

I appreciate the very thoughtful responses to my OP though. Everyone (even the trolly ones) have given me a different way to look at this manner. Will keep you guys updated! Happy New Year!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.