[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/ im stuck in the middle of an argument with my mom and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 638x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 638x368
hey /adv/ im stuck in the middle of an argument with my mom and dad and i dont know what to do.

my mom wants me to join the army to pay for my college, but i really dont want to join. my dads mostly on my side, saying that its not necessary and he can pay it off if he has to. i already had a meeting with a recruiter, and its pissing me off how she keeps bringing up the army is the best choice for me. all of this started because of a stupid recruiter coming to my grandmas door saying he would really want to talk to me because of my ASVAB score. my mom keeps bringing up "free will" and " Your dad is sheltering you", but she's forcing this constantly, even though i ALWAYS tell her no. any advice is helpful
>>
>>16619113
If you don't want to then don't. Find your own way to pay the college bills.
Your dad isn't sheltering you so much as she'd have you believe. He's doing what any Father would do when they care about your immediate being.
She's being a cunt by trying to push you into the military. And only for that reason is she a cunt.

I can't help you much more than you would help yourself. If you want to help yourself then take matters into your own hands. Learn, work, and enjoy.
>>
>>16619113

my dad was the same way for a long time. In these peoples minds its +A quick job +A quick, reasonably high paying job, especially if you commission, and +a job that can lead to better jobs down the road
This is all grand of course but the military generally fucking blows. My philosophy is to never get stuck in a job you hate, and you would be contractually stuck in a job that you would hate for fucking .years.
So to me, it's not worth it. As far as your mother is concerned, you just have to put your foot down. You're lucky you have your father behind you
My dad has been increasingly demanding throughout all of 2015 that I join the military, because I was working a low paying job outside of school. I continued to tell him i'd rather just find a better paying job than sign my life over to the military. He would say in one breath "do whatever you want" and in another "you should definitely join", to the point that he was talking to his buddies in the AF about me. Not cool, imo

You can pay school through without the military, especially with at least one parent to lean on. Don't sign yourself over to that life unless youre 100% prepared for it, and it sounds like you aren't.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
>>16619113
Hahhahahaaa
The wolfs hat
Good album
>>
It's only your choice, but with no doubt you would learn a lot of things in the army, like being a bettee man.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.