[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So 24 y/o unemployed from EU. - - - - - - - - I learned front
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 14559033360_4aef5931d3_o.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1090) Image search: [Google]
14559033360_4aef5931d3_o.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1090
So 24 y/o unemployed from EU.
- - - - - - - -
I learned front end web developing in a tradeschool! well actually they teached 2d/3d animation, drawing photoshop, illustrator, linux, yada yada stuff. So jack of all trades, master of none. At some point I started capitalizing on web developing and coding - in my mind it seemed the most needed in the world and profitable. Didnt think they need a lot of designers and animators.

So when I went to get work experience as trainee, I also did that but they were lacking as in the company didnt really incorporate me in their work so I just scribbled code and did some things, so I would have something to present to school. Finished school and went on to a trainee to another company, learned a lot but not enough and couldnt get to stay (this ofcourse was probably because they already took 2 from my class who had been in there longer than me, one of the which I think was less skilled than me in the beginning but after being in there went past me.)

It's been 2 months after that when I was able to develop my skills in that company ( though 2 weeks in the end were severly lacking as they probably thought it's worthwhile to hire me ( it was a small company anyway)).
- - - - - - - -
So I've been sitting at home for 2 months looking for a job related to my skills (HTML, CSS, some Jquery and PHP(WP cms related)). Which are deteriorating as time moves on as I can't bring myself to deal with it without a reason, which there is -getting skilled but if it were for a job or test for a job - I'd instantly feel that I have to do it.

I also keep fearing that I'm not passionate enough - If I think about, it's better than physical labor or working in McDonalds. Another thing is that I feel I'm not smart enough or inherently disadvantaged, could my brain be weaker ( as front end'ing feels doable but going backend programming seems too complicated).
>>
I feel I could do this kinda work but at the same time I have this fear of not being passionate enough about my work in which I lose out to others who say they are! as opposed to me who says, It's okay kinda work better than manual labor and I sit on the computer anyway all day.
And another that maybe I have a shit-tier brain and tend to be average thus I'm worthless.

If someone has been in my situation or any wise words appreciated!
>>
You need adderall
How much do you charge to make a website?
>>
>>16619009
Well I dont actively charge anything at the moment, plus how much you charge depends entirely on the website you want!
Besides being a freelancer without a long work-experince is rather uphill battle I'd presume.

About adderall, not sure how effective that would be and less sure even if you can get that easily in my country.
>>
>>16619033
Indian modafinil then
Safer then adderall too
>>
1. If you don't have a reason to code something - create one. Think of a small website / tool that would be useful online. You want to present some previous work when applying for a job anyway.
2. Keep up-to-date by reading / skimming relevant tech websites / blogs.
3. Look for a job in start-up companies, they're more accessible IMO.

don't worry about being "passionate enough", everyone feeds you their bullshit these days how ther job is "super important". Sometimes being a person who sees whole picture means you can't get all passionate for a single menial task.
>>
>>16618932
Stop thinking so much. You've developed a skillset, so use it. Your other option is what, live with mommy and daddy while you take ANOTHER 2 years for school? Go on the dole, like a retard?

This is work we're talking about. This is taking care of yourself, being a man and going into the world and making your way. It doesn't have to make rainbows glow inside your heart. It has to provide a living, and that's all.

The greatest fault in our modern society is that people think work has to be both financially AND emotionally fulfilling, or you're doing something wrong. So many people in total misery by setting ridiculous standards for their future careers. Careers that are just fine in every other way.

It's sad that you have to hear this for the first time from a stranger on 4chan, of all places.
>>
>>16619073
You're correct.

>>16619138
the part both financially and emotionally - is pretty spot on. I feel pretty not euphoric when I'm supposed to work, as its only means to an end which is money but even so. It seems like world expects people to like their jobs so much that they would almost do it for free, is it some kind of conspiracy to be a "mindless drone" who works a lot and constantly keeps saying to himself how much I love this work and how awesome it is.

Reminds me my classmate when we were trainees at a company, who had some moments when he figured something out and exclaimed it was awesome. When I saw that what it was about, it didnt feel nothing awesome as it was petty thing, sure there are awesome and grand stuff OR maybe I'm just hard to impress.
>>
>>16619197
Just say the right thing, get the job, and be thankful you have a job every day. Some people have passions that are good for work, some people don't, and some people don't ever really become passionate about much. It's all fine. Look for other passions you may have, but take care of yourself using the skills you already have first and foremost. Take nightclasses, pick up hobbies...or don't.

If you one day find your true calling, my hats off to you. In the meantime it is time to be an adult about your life
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.