[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meet girl. We go on dates and just talk all night despite work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2015-12-30-03-13-21.png (609 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-30-03-13-21.png
609 KB, 1920x1080
Meet girl. We go on dates and just talk all night despite work in the morning. No sex. No kissing. Just talking. Eventually we have sex. It's amazing. We start a relationship. It's perfect. I've been shit at relationships my whole life. Try to be good this time. She's teaching me Spanish. Do overtime at work to afford a nice evening. I learn "I'm in love with you" in Spanish. The big day comes. She hasn't spoken to me in two days. Calls me and breaks it off.

I give up. I'm fucking done.
>>
The consequence of being as lonely as you sound is that you never had people teach you to hang the least expectation possible on the shoulders of others. Perhaps, sadly, this actually was the best thing going on in your life right now. That still doesn't make it a good bet to rely on other people. It's why we all advocate finding the "best thing in life" on your own. Whatever it is that you find, it'll probably end up being more reliable than other human beings.
>>
How long did this go on for? Anymore context?
>>
>>16617800

Lonely? Maybe. I have no issue attracting women. Maybe this was the first time I was in love. I've never wanted to do anything nice for someone before. I was fine before her.
>>
>>16617803
6 months. We didn't start sleeping together until the last 2 months. We took it slow. She said she felt like she'd known me forever and cried in my arms when I told her how I felt about her. She doesn't want to talk to me at all now.
>>
Good. Let the hate of the nasty smelling fish cave people flow through you and join the gay side. Everything women hate about you we love, just stay clear from libcucks and rainbow paraders.

t. the gay agenda
>>
>>16617819
Pester her. That shit ain't fair.
>>
>>16617790
>She's teaching me Spanish

Good riddance.
>>
>>16617790

>i go through relationship trouble
>just like everyone else
>I GIVE UP

why are you expecting a perfect romance? those arent real... romance is the most unstable and easily broken of all the relationships.

i dont really date anymore ei th er tho so if you want we can be bate bros,
>>
>>16617836
Her explanation "I don't have the emotional capacity to date anyone right now".

There's nothing I can really do about that.
>>
>>16617850
If you really love her, don't give up.
>>
>>16617841

It was perfectly stable. It was the most stable romance I ever had. I just wish it didn't end when I have nothing but good memories. It's hard to accept losing something that was still perfect.
>>
>>16617856

>it was stable
>before it ended

so what ur saying is, no it wasnt stable, otherwise it wouldnt have ended.

you seem to be missing the point bruh. be happy you have a relationship that ended on a high note. untarnished memories. no one wants a relationship to end with you hating your partner.
>>
>>16617855

Believe me bro, I tried. I told her I loved her and didn't want to let her go.

Eventually she just said "we're not getting back together. It was just bad timing. These things happen."
>>
Wow, what a bummer... That's very harsh. I'm so sorry for you. Did she have any other things bothering her? Death of a family member? Moving? New job?
>>
>>16617859

He didn't have a single fight. There were literally no issues or anything. it was simply "bad timing for us to be dating"
>>
>>16617866

Younger brother attempted suicide. Offered to give her space for a while. She insisted she wanted it to be over between us.
>>
>>16617868

so what ur saying is... you broke up. meanikng the relationship wasnt stable at all. if it was stable something like 'le bad timing meme' wouldn't break you up.

you are still missing the point OP. this is how ALL ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS WORK. they are not the love at first sight peopel doing anything they possibly an for each other because of some deep burning passion.

romance has always been the most fragile of human interactions. it makes sense. the more trust you put in someone the easier it is for them to break your heart.
>>
>>16617892

So her "bad timing" excuse is bullshit? She legitimately has personal stuff going on.
>>
>>16617900

not saying that, all im saying that if a relationship is stable it isn't going to get broken so easily.

look at human history.
friendships often fade, rarely break.
relationships often break, rarely fade.

this is basic human interaction here. romance is fragile. you cant say 'it was stable until we broke up'. thats like saying 'it was unbreakable until it broke'.
>>
>>16617873
Oh... Wow. Ok, i now can understand her a bit. I am also somebody that shuts down completely if something overwhelms me. This is really, really bad. Damn, i don't even want to imagine what she's going trough.
Care to tell me how this went down? How was she informed? When and how did she tell you? What was your reaction?
>>
>>16617873
The dumb bitch is most likely lying, never trust women.
>>
>>16617904
Yeah well, I think I'll stick to what I was doing before this. It's not worth it. I was happy before this relationship. I was happy being single. I don't need unstable relationships bringing me down.
>>
>>16617919

thats fine, just dont act all edgy about it like you're the only person who has dating trouble when literally everyone does, especially in this day and age.
>>
>>16617790

Vanilla Sky?
>>
>>16617911

He tried to hang himself. Her mother called her and told her. It took her several hours to tell me. at first I was comforting her. She wasn't very responsive. I offered my support if she wanted it and then gave her space. She wants to be friends but obviously that's not anything that'll be likely anytime soon.
>>
>>16617927

Yeah. Probably the best scene in the entire film.

>>16617922
I'm usually a together kind of person. I've been crying non stop for weeks. I've never been this way before. It's disgusting. I don't understand why you people do this shit over and over again.
>>
>>16617944

a lot of people like the drama. others find the highs make up for the lows. generally speaking you get more over it as time goes on. the older you get ahd more you date the less it hurts.
>>
>>16617928
So, he's still alive? That's even worse. You did all you can. Just let the drama settle. You could send her a letter, telling her that you miss the time with her and that you understand that she has other prioritis than dating. Tell her that you would like to continue what the two of you had after things are starting to return to normal
>>
File: crossed4_1.jpg (300 KB, 1280x990) Image search: [Google]
crossed4_1.jpg
300 KB, 1280x990
>>16617850
>She legitimately has personal stuff going on.
Bullshit. You have a small dick and don't know how to use it.

Game over. I'll bet you within 6 months she goes black.
>>
File: 1430584535753.jpg (77 KB, 705x651) Image search: [Google]
1430584535753.jpg
77 KB, 705x651
>>16617859
Nigga he should hate her for what she did
>I will touch the most important thing in a person's heart
>I will break it
>I will give no logical explanation and I do not believe I owe it to that person
I had this happen to me it hurt and it hurt on a level I can't even explain. I never was able to recover from that and it made me feel more dead inside and have no hope or care for women romantically.
I'm seeing women still but I now hold absolute zero expectations and my main goal is to just fuck and if anything happens it's all chance.
I'm not a misogynist I don't mistreat women I just don't want to love.
>>
>>16618090

>nigga he should hate her for what she did

maybe her but not women and relationships in general.

>i will touch the most important thing in a persons heart

they werent even dating that long, isnt it possible they were just sorta casual and decided thigns werent working out? you guys get mad when a woman rejects you and doesnt give you a chance, but then suddenly shes a horrible person for deciding it isnt working out, but at that point she 'touched your heart' so you have to hate her?

which is it, cuz it cant be both?

>i will give no logical explanation

did you read the thread? her brother tried to commit suicide, it shook her and she decided she needed to be alone so she can focus on oherself and her brother.

go ahead and do what you want. im #TeamSingle myself, but i dont act like an edgy cunt about it.
>>
File: 1451332510559.gif (3 MB, 416x234) Image search: [Google]
1451332510559.gif
3 MB, 416x234
>>16618111
You know that excuse is bullshit
A strong support group is what needed in those situations
Where did I say he should hate all women?
Also you're inferring a lot of stuff
If she really was about shit she should have enough respect to actually tell the man to his face why she's doing what she's doing, it's a matter of respect something you soft children lack.
I've been dumped but when the lady is women enough to actually tell me the reason and not vague illogical bullshit I keep the friendship like an adult.
>>
File: 1443339578799.png (84 KB, 286x261) Image search: [Google]
1443339578799.png
84 KB, 286x261
Sorry to hear about that OP. Good luck. You should probably move on.

Im butthert over an "ex" working at my same job now. She was super friendly for a few weeks then told me she had a bf. Its a cringey situation. But if there was other love sources in my life it probably wouldnt bother me so much.

Her bro did attempt suicide alledgly so . .
>>
>>16618131

>you're inferring a lot

and you are operating under the assumption that shes lying. good for you for not being a misogynist who hates all women.

ur not OP. ur not his ex GF. she gave a reason and you really have no way pf knowing how it worked.

as trong support group helps, but having a BF doesnt = strong support group. do you know how long they were dating? how casual it as?

the biggest issue here is you seem to be under the impression that people are obligated to be with you unless there is a significantly good reason to break it off.

frankly, you're awful and you smell funny, so if someone wnats to break up with you, they can do it for whatever reason. knowing hardships are a coming is fine.
>>
>>16618153
You really don't get it do you?
The fact that she did what she did and left OP to infer why is both disrespectful and cowardly.
It doesn't matter her reason just fucking show that you have a spine and do shit like that and leave another person in the dark.
Then again this is the same generation too weak to stand up for themselves
>>
>>16618131
If my brother tried to commit suicide I'd probably act like she is acting. That shit is rough.
Some people would prefer to choose family over other people.
>>
>>16618185
But why didn't she just tell him that off the bat?
You can't justify stupid cowardly behavior once you do that you go into excuse territory
>>
>>16618199
It's not an easy thing to talk about man. You realize people are human, right?
>cowardly
Ignorance I can let it slide, wilful ignorance is a sign of severe misfortune and an unpleasant character. Stop.
>>
>>16618218
Oh I love this tell me how I'm being ignorant?
I don't understand how it's justifiable to make others suffer in your wake...
You seem to be ignoring how all this women had to do is say why.... Tell me how is saying why so hard
>>
>>16618242
You're not considering all the implications of something like this:
1) she may be having difficulties sustaining a separate relationship due to the whole suicide ordeal. She's probably trying to either figure out why her bro would attempt suicide, whether she's at fault or not. Whether she could've done something for him in the past, how to help him now, and what it'll be like later in life
2) the issues that come with family aren't local, she probably has to deal with her brothers friends, relatives, etc. It's incredibly emotional.
3) the relationship isn't really fruitful or meaningful if he hasn't met her family, meaning it could have just been like any relationship; casual, and not deeply rooted into their lives like those who have been together for years.
4) It is, again, an incredibly emotional experience and requires time to smooth out.
5) she's probably trying to figure something out about herself and needs the alone time.

These are just a few.

Everyone is suffering you cunt. You're just being ignorant for the sake of your own vanity.

If you want to be convincing then get your head from out of your ass.
>>
>>16618309
I love it you're looking for every excuse in the book. You are the perfect image of what's wrong with people today. So are we going to ignore personal accountability as well as common decency to care about your fellow person?
I can't tell if you're a beta bitch boy or a self centered bitch because anyone worth a Damn can't be so narrow minded and self centered
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.