[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best way to support a girlfriend that's depressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1450271880649.png (93 KB, 407x374) Image search: [Google]
1450271880649.png
93 KB, 407x374
Whats the best way to support a girlfriend that's depressed without being overbearing or clingy?

I worry sick about them(especially since they self harm sometimes) but I don't want to constantly inquire about it and make it seem like its causing trouble between the two of us
>>
Is she getting professional help?
The best thing you could do is be a good bf. Be supportive, attentive, understanding, patient, loving and there for her. Lots of cuddling, kissing, sex and whispering sweet nothings insde her ear should male her feel better. Also, make sure to be available if she wants to talk abut the reasons she is in this place right now. Hold her if she starts to cry, make her feel save and protected. Make her feel loved and beautiful. Tell her how proud you are of her accomplishements. Tell her how amazing she is. Tell her that all you want is see her happy again someday.
>>
I don't like the idea of taking passive supportive approaches with people who are depressed. Their life choices are at the best misguided and at the worst a contributing factor to their feelings. I find it preferable to keep living life on my terms and inviting them to join me. It's up to them to realize that things are better that way.
>>
>>16617785

>self harm

anyone who legitimately self harms is not stable enough to be in a relationship. believe what you want, but if they will damage their own body, they will damage theirs. at that point they have decided that they are so 'woe is me' that they do not care about what happens.
>>
>>16617814

a lot of this.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.