[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I worry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (687 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
687 KB, 1024x768
So I was renting a flat and basically scanned and sents scans of the agreement to my landlord, who acknowledged it but didn't send back with his signature. Everything is fine but my lease is ending soon (i'll be leaving this country). I pay rent on time etc. Should I be worried I may get fucked up bc I don't have landlords signature?
>>
>>16617655

as long as there is no deposit you are worried about having returned, you dont have to worry.
>>
>>16617673
there is deposit though
>>
>>16617731

then you probably l arent getting that back. depending on length of stay, that isnt unusual. after a year you generally shouldnt expect your deposit back.
>>
>>16617742
I stayed here for 4 and half months tho, so I don't get it back too?
>>
>>16617747
and I just found emails in which landlord says it's returnable as long everything is in order

so how big are my chances?
>>
>>16617747

you SHOULD get it back but you kinda screwed yourself.

my reocmmendation? ask him about using that security deposit as the last months rent. or simply DO.

they will generally not kick you out on the first month, and legally they cant either. just stay htat last month, saying 'i should have teh money next week' and then just move out when you are supposed to. assuming you didnt pay more for deposit than for rent, it should balance out.
>>
>>16617789
I don't really want to do that without asking... But ill think about it
>>
>>16617731
you could always not pay the rent for the amount covered by the deposit.
you shouldn't, but it's not like the landlord can do anything about it, and small claims will just go 'ok, take the deposit - are there any more items that should go against it?'.
if there would be additional items, tho, it could get messy, what with you leaving the country and all.
>>
>>16617795

ask and see whats up but if he just says 'dont worry you will get your security deposit back' dont believe him. insist that he signs a document stating that since he didnt ever sign the atual rental agreement.

if he refuses then obviously he doesnt intend to give it back.
>>
>>16617795
Just tell him you're not going to pay the last month, and he should just take the deposit.
I'm a landlord, that's how we do it here.
Don't stay for a month, saying that you'll get the money sometimes in the future, it's annoying as fuck, and wastes everybody's time.
>>
>>16617804
thing is, I was looking at our agreement and there is nothing about deposit being returned, it does say that it covers any damage or unpaid rent etc
>>
>>16617976

there you go. dont pay the amount of rent equal to that deposit then.
>>
>>16617993
I'll ask him if it's possible and if he agrees do that
>>
>>16617998

try to stand up for yourself tho. he can just say 'lol no' and pocket your cash man. trust me ive been there
>>
>>16618000
eh, I know, if he refuses I'll ask when it that case, I'll get it back
>>
I bump just in case
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.