[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with being ugly when you're also short and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: driver.jpg (205 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
driver.jpg
205 KB, 600x709
How do you deal with being ugly when you're also short and have a high-pitched voice?
>>
>>16617594
Become a woman?
>>
By not giving a fuck and forgetting about those features

And or being rich. Decide which is easier for you
>>
>>16617597
I don't mean like Natalie Dormer -style ugly-in-a-really-cute-way -ugly. I mean neanderthal-with-fetal-alcohol-syndrome -ugly.
>>
>>16617594
>>16617606

lol. the best you can do is purposely lower your voice (takes some work, but ive been doing it myself and never get mistaken as a girl on the phone anymore).

as for being ugly you have two choices
>make yourself as attractive as you can then proceed to 'deal with it' in terms of what you cannot control
>invest in plastic surgery

if you need hardcore surgery, i wouldnt recommend it. it must be unsettling to look in the mirror and see someone you dont actually recognize. changing a detail like a big nose might help but a total recall? ehh....

anyway. those are your choices. fortunately a LOT of people in this world are ugly, so you arent alone by any means. most of them just realize life isn't actually a beauty contest and you can get by and be successful just fine without being hot.
>>
>>16617616
>plastic surgery
Oh, it's not a "one-distinct-flaw" sort of ugly, just a general all-around ugly. So instead of a 9/10 features with one 2/10 averaging out as 7/10, it's 4/10 for everything.

How do you lower your voice deliberately without sounding obvious/ridiculous? How do you make it stick?

There was a time when I was like 10-11 when I constantly tried to walk on my toes, but eventually I just forgot and gave up.
>>
>>16617594
Lower your expectations for life.
>>
>>16617632

>general ugliness

theres still plastic surgery for that, you can rearrange your whole face to be upside down if you can afford it. i just dont recommend it cuz it wont really make you happy.

got pics of your mug? i am curious. make overs can help. a lot of people dont actually see how hot you are, but how much effort is really there. a lot of REALLY ugly guys with shredded bodies for example are still fawned over. it becomes an adorable kind of ugly if that makes sense.

>how do you lower your voice deliverately without sounding obvious/ridiculous

you dont realize it, but most women purposely raise their voice. a lot of men do it when around their female partners too. we all use fake voices for a lot of the day.

what i did was i literally just started talking farther back from my throat. if anyone asks just be like 'dunno, sore throat i guess'. eventually they just get used to it and no one knows.

dont walk on your toes, thats silly. how short are you?
>>
>>16617646
5'6. I was just saying that if you deliberately fake something, you eventually get tired of it and forget to keep doing it.
>>
>>16617653

not with your voice. i mean you can gt tired and quit, but its early on. but 99% of everything that is second nature to you, thats automatic, is something you had to focus on doing.

i remember when i was young i decided i wanted to talk like the characters from buffy. so i literally had to force myself to think of twists of words and often just copy the words. then later it just became natural and people always say i speak funny because of it. its just second nature now.

voices are much the same, men tend to use their more natural voice, but women especially purposely changed their voices to be higher pitched when they got older. they are taught to speak in higher pitched voices.

i used to have to will myself to remember to speak deep, but now whe ni answer the phone no one calls me ma'am anymore and i hear it in recordings (i film a lot of short films). im still not as deep as id like but i do it naturally now.

if you stick at it, you will to.

or just give up, ur call, but its the best advice you will get. im 5'6" also.
>>
>>16617663
Okay.

How do I avoid having my sister make fun of me for it? She notices literally everything and is never short of a nasty word if she can find a place to put one.
>>
>>16617672

you dont? ur kinda asking for magic at this point. you do what you gotta do cuz its what you want and it will make you feel better. if you aren't wise enough to know how to handle her, then simply dont.

protip: smoking lowers and rasps your voice as well. a lot of male actors do this cuz they tend to be artsy flambuoyant types, but they want badass roles. the guy who played Jesse from Breaking Bad only picked up smoking cuz he wanted to lower his voice.

not entirely something i recommend but if you are already that kind of person, well there you go.
>>
>>16617672

also if you google 'how to deepen your voice' a lot of shit comes up. try it allm nothing to lose. just actually put an effort to do it.
>>
>>16617677
I've already quit smoking once because it cost money, but then again, I was smoking menthols.

Does that whole vaping thing help or is that just faggotry?
>>
>>16617687

google it, i wouldnt know. i imagine it wouldnt. its literally the damage to your throat that causes it to go deeper and from what i gather vaping removes a lot of that.

i managed to lower my voice a lot on my own though so you should be able to as well.
>>
>>16617696
In my country the kind of low, raspy voice that comes from bad living is referred to as "whisky bass", especially on women.

So would liquor do the same?
>>
>>16617703

google it, i wouldnt know. it might but it might be a long term thing in general. i was able to do it on my own, so you should be able to as well.

but if ur already drinking, switching over to something to lower your voice a bit might help.

post your mug, lets see what w an do to un-ugly you.
>>
>>16617721
Nah, I've got my face in too many places to put it here.

Trying to figure out how to google roughening drinks, now.
>>
>>16617806

cant give a make over to a question mark.

so i wish you luck and farewell
>>
>>16617838
my head looks like a tater tot if that's any comfort.

Wonky nose, no chin, round head and weak jaw. Skinny neck.
>>
>>16617851

not really just makes me really curious.

im a faggot so i love giving make overs. im a qt now but you shoulda seen me before.
>>
>>16617594
Why do guys think plastic surgery is women only? I mean you never hear that as an option (I am ugly, what can I do wahh?) I mean just get money and get fixed. Unless you want to be an actor and get bad guy roles.
>>
>>16617594
is that you OP?
>>
>>16617895
No, that's Adam Driver, an actor and an international sex symbol. The second good example I have of the Cumberbatch-effect.

He's only hot for being absurdly tall and having a very low, very soft voice. Great actor, too, but that's got little to do with his sex appeal.
>>
>>16617905
then post face
>>
>>16617932
rejoice in my gummy fucking face, then
>>
File: 47.jpg (431 KB, 870x580) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
431 KB, 870x580
>>16617905
what the fuck
>>
>>16617960
>>16617960

that you OP? you arent that bad. nto that hot, but not that bad. especially ur hair. i think you'd look better clean shaven, or iwth a thicker beard, you'd have to experiment to know for sure.

that being siad you dont look that bad at fucking all. i think fixing the facial hair wil lget rid of that geek dork look you got going on and make you look legitimately nice looking.
>>
>>16618083
that's not OP, that's a fucking movie star.

I mean, like, literally. He's in the new Star Wars film.
>>
>>16618174

i havent even seen the original star wars let alone the new ones.

>these are the people who answer your questions on /adv/

yep
>>
>>16617594
If you're a male:
>Stop being a faggot
>Lift
>Be alpha
>Get better clothes
>Get a haircut
>Lift
>Be alpha

If you're a female
>Awww honey you're beautiful the way you are!
>Don't let anyone tell you that you're ugly
>You're smart and nice and actually kinda cute
>>
>>16617594
Drink and smoke everyday to die sooner. People like you were never meant to live long anyway.
>>
Adam Diver isnt fucking ugly how dare you use a photo of my husbando
>>
>>16617594

>be me
>read all posts...

...how about you make up for it by being a cool human being with interesting things to say?
>>
get /fit/ like every other manlet.
>>
>get fit
>just be yourself
>>
>>16617872
>Unless you want to be an actor and get bad guy roles.

Are you implying ugly people can only be villains
>>
become fashionable and take care of your hygiene.

even if you're super ugly, if you dress like you have self esteem people are going to take you more seriously.

i have a friend that's completely hideous, acne everywhere on his face, head 3 times too big, fish lips, etc. that landed himself a pretty girl because he was confident and dressed well.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.