[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi. I'd like to turn my life around in exactly one day.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1394737212339.jpg (72 KB, 480x343) Image search: [Google]
1394737212339.jpg
72 KB, 480x343
Hi.
I'd like to turn my life around in exactly one day.
Thoughts:

-wakeup early
-buy all new clothes, clean entire place, throw out everything I don't want/use
-make a new resume and apply to actual careers that are better than my minwage part time shit
-or apply to a bunch of colleges and universities
-reconnect with a bunch of people i like that i let fade out of my life
-tell some girls i know i like them maybe set up a date
-grocery shop and get everything needed for a new diet
-set an exercise routine

What are your thoughts? Have you ever done something like this?

am i low level manic right now?
>>
Nah not in one day. More like a week. And set your goals properly.
>>
Don't take on too much or you will be prone to fail and feel bad about it. Take one goal at a time
>>
>>16617510
>>16617520
if i do it too slow the fear and comfort will creep in and i might not do anything ? : S

anxiety is a bitch to get over even to help yourself
>>
>>16617524
No.
>>
>>16617503
You need discipline and even more importantly adderall.

You need to make small changes and you have to think of them as permanent lifestyle changes. If you do too much you will get overwhelmed and fall back into your old lifestyle.
>>
If you want to turn your life around in one day, then you should spend one day realising that change is a slow, and never-ending process.

Then you will have turned your life around by accepting the reality of it.
>>
>>16617503
GO FOR IT MOTHERFUCKER YOU DON'T NEED OUR PERMISSION
>>
>>16617503
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"-Laozi
>>
File: pic_related.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pic_related.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>16617503
>>
>>16617503

we've all been there. a dozen or so times. you have too. we want to do all that plus walk the dog and all that shit.

the truth is, you cant. you wont find the time to do it all. cleaning your entire place alone would take two days.

and thats okay. i changed my life by doing this one month at a time.

as an example
>january is exercise month

spend the month learning about exercise and starting to go to the gym. diet too if you can handle both. my recommendation? join a gym if you actually want results. p90x and other fads will only slow you down.

during this month you can also have mini missions. make a list of chores that need to be done, and do one big one every day after the gym.

february: diet

do diet month if you want to say, cut out all the sugars and sodas. it can be hard to stick with it so i recommend making this your month long focus.

in addition to this, you should start the job application process as your mini mission.

March:

hobby month. this month you pick a hobby youve wanted to do and give it a go, working it in around your existing schedule. for me, it was filmmaking, i wanted to make a web series, so i wrote the pilot and started holding casting.

april: job month

by now you should have a job. you didnt plan for it, but as soon as you get the job you drop all other 'projects' and it becomes job month. your goal is to just get used to / adjusted to the new job, and incorporate your existing changes (going to gym, eating right, hobby, etc) around the job. the job will become the focal point of your life and it will take at leat a month to get everything else to fit around it. maybe two.

for the first week focus on job only. second week, start planning your meals and cooking around the job schedule. third week, start going to gym again. 4th week, back to your hobby.

for this scheduling i reocmmend you make a list and hang it on a wall, then at the end of the month cross off every goal you achieved.
>>
>>16617503

Rome wasn't built in a day.

And It was a Herculean task for Hercules to clean out the Aegean Stables within a day.

You have years, Years of bad habits and corrosive shit to clean up inside of your soul and polish back up.

You need to focus on one thing until you get it to where you want it to be, then simply maintain until you can fix up the next thing.

It'll be frustrating because you want it NOW!, but it'll lead to heartbreak since your taking on too much and will lead to failure.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.