[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just poured water in my friend's gas tank cuz he owed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: BklUpUyCYAAXF6X.png (265 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
BklUpUyCYAAXF6X.png
265 KB, 500x333
I just poured water in my friend's gas tank cuz he owed me $70. Does that make me the asshole?
>>
>>16616732
shoulda poured sugar in, or better yet just siphon 70$ worth of gas
>>
>>16616732
That makes you a vandal and you can get in trouble and/or ass kicked. $70 wasn't worth it.
>>
>>16616739
How much does it cost to fix? I'm guessing its a lot more $70?
>>
A colossal asshole.
>>
>>16616745
Yes, but getting found out is priceless.

>inb4 he won't find out
>>
Well to make things clearer , he's not a friend anymore( before I poured water in his gas tank). He promised he was gonna pay me back the $70 but then one day he gave me a letter saying how he never wanted to hang out with me anymore for no reason except I knew the obvious reasons was because he just didn't wanna pay me back. So lemme ask again, am I still the asshole?
>>
Well, I sure hope you aren't actually looking to get that money owed to you. You know, on account of his ass needing to spend money on the problem you've made for him.

Maybe it made you feel better, though.

Simply performing that act doesn't make you into an asshole. It is; however, pretty indicative that you are currently an asshole. At the very least, it indicates that you have plenty of capacity to be an asshole.

Why the fuck did you do that, anyway? Like, nigga....

For one, loaning money to friends is risky business. If they're truly unable to pay, you should be understanding as their friend. If they don't consider the debt important, and have no real intention of paying it back, you should not consider them your friend.

Git yer shit together, bud.
>>
>2016
>lending people money

Beta af
>>
>>16616800
With such little information, it is very difficult to pass judgement. Truthfully, you don't KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that the money owed was the sole issue here. Perhaps there were also interpersonal issues that you're failing to realize, failing to mention.

Asshole is a very subjective and loaded term, anyway.

I consider the action to be morally unacceptable, in terms of my own moral/ethical framework. If you were to steal $70 of possession from him, I would not consider that a breach of morality. However, you gained nothing tangible for your action; it was solely to get revenge.

This makes it a morally bankrupt action, in my judgement.

My judgement should also not be very relevant to you. You need to formulate a moral and ethical framework to apply to your own life, based upon research, experience, and strenuous introspection.

I don't mean to insult or bait you with this question; could you try to explain why it is important to you, how we feel about the morality of your actions?
>>
>>16616803
Well I mean I just couldn't shake the shit off my back that he just ended a really long friendship between us(since 6th grade) just over $70. I would have still been his friend prolly if he just would have told me he couldn't pay it back. Even if I wouldn't have been friends after, I wouldn't have ended up vandalizing his car
>>
>>16616732
over 70 shekels?
yeah, youre an asshole.
if it were 7000, i could see being a little pissed. but 70 bucks? come on dude. if youre that worried about 70 bucks you shouldnt be lending money in the first place
>>
Fuck, I did all this just cause I didn't wanna feel like the bitch. But I guess i went from being pussy to being a dick :/.
When I don't take action I'm a dumbass, when I do take action I'm an asshole. All because I lended money to a trusted friend...guess I fucked up by trusting too much
>>
>>16616861
It's not about the fuckin money. Its about the fact he just completely avoided me even though I'm not the type of guy that asks u every day "where my money?". Matter of fact I never brought it up until the day he said he just didn't wanna be friends anymore
>>
>>16616894
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XGAmPRxV48
>>
>>16616902
If I was Joe pesci, I would a killed him.
>>
>>16616800
Yes, you are. Every retard and their retarded mother know that you never loan a friend or family money and expect to get it back. People don't say that all the fucking time because they like the way it sounds. It's true.

So you're shocked! And mad! How very upsetting for you, OP!

So yeah, act like a retarded child. When he's dick deep in car fix-it bills, then you really really REALLY won't ever get your money. And now you have to hope you never get found out. Good job. Good luck. You're retarded. The outcome is the same. You still don't have your $70 dollars, and you were the idiot that thought you were actually going to get paid back.
>>
>>16616983
I hope I do get found out cuz that will make the revenge all the more sweeter. I might not get caught anyways, people usually end up blaming gas stops being contaminated with water
>>
Next time put sugar, it makes it hard for the mechanic to clean out the gas tank.
How about putting sand, or molasses?!
Sand and molasses!
What about making us pancakes and shutting the fudge up!!!!
>>
What kind of a faggot is your friend anyways, who can afford to have a car but can't cough up 70 bucks?

While i agree that its never a good idea to lend money friends, that doesnt absolve your friends from being fucking parasites and vultures taking advantage of your good Nature. Fuck that asshole, i hope he cant afford fixing his car. I support you, OP.
>>
>>16617032
Thank you, and the reason why I trusted him anyways is because he's paid me back before and in the past he compensated more money than $70 so it was kinda like he planned out not paying me back, cuz he knew I had his trust already. Its like if your brother never payed you back because he knows your family and you won't be mad forever.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.