[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My bf has no dreams, passions or goals. He gets back from his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1451352092893.jpg (42 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1451352092893.jpg
42 KB, 500x370
My bf has no dreams, passions or goals.
He gets back from his job at CVS and smokes weed and plays videogames until he goes to bed. That is, with no exaggeration, literally his entire life.
I've tried to get him involved in other stuff but he refuses. Tried to get him registered for community college classes, he also refuses. I want to travel and experience the world and he seems content in his little bubble.
I have a career in finance I'm developing and end up paying for his habits. I feel like I'm his mother. What do I do?
>>
>>16616325
Honestly, it doesn't sound like you two are compatible. And you can't change him. People can only change themselves, for themselves, by themselves.
>>
File: deadinside.jpg (43 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
deadinside.jpg
43 KB, 480x640
>>16616325
>What do I do?
move on , or continue to mother him maybe he will change if you do the right things and cajole him to do something with his life.
>>
>>16616325
Move on. Why do you want to waste your time "fixing him"?
Think about yourself in this scenario, do you want to always be pulling his weight?
>>
same circumstance except I'm an accounting major and my boyfriend doesnt smoke weed. I hate doing the work for him, but I've found that if I give him an easy way to do something , he will usually do it if I nudge him. (ie my bf dropped out of college but I found a way to get him an associates with his credits so I told him about it and now he just has to fill out a form and he is happy about it)
>>
>>16616325

See everyone, you don't need to have a personality to get a gf.

Just be fit and handsome.

Done!
>>
>>16616325
Also, I feel like if he really cares about you, youre all he's got going in life, so your relationship can serve as a motivating factor.
>>
>>16616325
Tell him how you really feel. Just be straight forward and say that you have actual ambition in your life. If he wants to change for you, sure. Otherwise move on.
>>
>>16616325

Just keep sucking Chad's dick, don't try to think.
>>
>>16616325
Maybe he's content with life? I joined the navy because the only way for someone to see the world is through uncle Sam's boat. I've been all over and I'd much rather stay home happy watching a movie or playing with my dog. Some people just want a nice laid back life
>>
>>16616674
Agree with this guy. As long as he has a job and can pay rent, I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing. You just don't like his personality, which is fine, so just move on.
>>
>>16616325
It's obvious you have your head up your ass and look down on your boy friend because he doesn't have the same passions as you do, he deserves a better gf desu.
>>
>>16616325
Dump him. Jesus christ hkw stupid do you habe to be to need us to tell you that.
>>
>>16616325
That's your boyfriend? You must be a catch.
>>
Get out--the sooner the better.
Did you really need us to tell you this?
You are going to grow to despise him....you will not even want to be in the same room as him.
Don't do this to either yourself or him.
>>
>the first thing /adv/ says is break up
I think she's in the wrong.
>>
File: yoda.gif (495 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
yoda.gif
495 KB, 500x275
Should I get my tickets in welding or go to school to become a teacher?

Don't care about money, just want something to do until I die.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.