[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fill the hole and stave off the loneliness while I work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: September-18-2015-Brin-Merkley1.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
September-18-2015-Brin-Merkley1.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
How do I fill the hole and stave off the loneliness while I work through the multi-year process of making myself somebody who's fit to date?
>>
Prostitutes.

Can I ask what you're doing during this multi-year process to make yourself a suitable bachelor?
>>
Those feelings usually come in waves, when you feel it coming on spend lots of time with any dateless virgin friends you have but don't actually talk about those feelings with them. I would recommend a D&D group.
Also masturbate a lot.
>>
>>16616030
I'm back in college at 29, getting my degree so I can move up in my career.

To afford it I had to move back in with my parents.

I'm also out of shape and working on that, and trying to overcome the confidence issues that afflict so many on this site.

I'm looking at like 4 more years until I have a real job and my own place again, and it's not just that I don't know how I'll stand the time in between, but that I'm afraid I'll become terminally inept when it comes to dating by that point.

Hookers aren't an option, first of all I think I'd feel worse about myself after doing it, secondly bringing a hooker to my parents' house would be insane, and thirdly I can't really afford any of the hookers I'd want to be with.

>>16616076
I try, but I have so few nowdays, and the ones that are still around make me feel worse, sadly. I feel like I'm stuck in some kind of halfway life, where I'm more socially adjusted than any of my single friends, and all my "normal" friends are long-term dating or married.

I was in a serious long-term relationship until about 3 years ago, and everything went to hell at once, my industry collapsed, I broke up with my ex, etc. Most of my friends date from that period, and the way it "should" have been was that we'd be a bunch of married couples doing double dates and shit, and only my life went off the rails.

D&D has always frustrated the shit out of me, some friends play but they're so fucking aspie that I want to flip the table over when they spend an entire hour arguing about one turn.

Obviously there's plenty of fapping going on, but it doesn't really make up for being alone and single.
>>
>>16616006
Just lift until someone loves you.
>>
>>16616127
Can't you just date in the college scene? Other students have similar living/financial woes and tend to be more understanding.
>>
>>16616006

filling the whole and staving off the lonliness IS the process that makes you fit to date anon.
>>
>>16616191
I'd thought so, but every cool girl I meet is either 10 years younger than me, or they're professionals taking classes at night and already have BFs/husbands.

Even if I can get a girl, it's hard to know where to take her at the end of the night, I don't really feel like I can bring one to my parents' house. (I have a pretty sweet deal in that my room is behind the house and has a separate entrance, but it's pretty much right below my parents' room, and the best way to get there involves going through the house and out the back because the alternative is a dark yard with a minefield of dog shit.)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.