[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I land an IT Tech position? This past year I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1433749147135.gif (175 KB, 254x254) Image search: [Google]
1433749147135.gif
175 KB, 254x254
How the fuck do I land an IT Tech position? This past year I have gone to maybe half a dozen different interviews and I have one this Wednesday at a local hospital that was set up for me by a recruiter. Aside from all the standard shit, what should I do?
>>
Besides dressing for the position, getting a haircut and what not you should also NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE OUTCOME. Have many interviews lined up so if you don't get that one then not to worry!

Most importantly, you have to get along with the interviewer (your potential boss). This is so important I cannot stress it enough, everything else is secondary, i.e. you can train someone up, but if you can't work and get along with them everything else is much harder.
>>
>>16615904
Also, recruiters aren't looking for your best interest. Only you do. They only do it for commission.

Find a job you actually want to go for. It will show in the interview.
>>
File: fk-yeah-friday-35-photos-11.jpg (116 KB, 600x899) Image search: [Google]
fk-yeah-friday-35-photos-11.jpg
116 KB, 600x899
It's all in how you sell yourself, OP. You've gotta give them a REASON to hire you! You've gotta have something that makes you sparkle among the the other rubble to catch their eye.

What have you done for your community? What super cool plan do you have in mind that not only improves you - but benefits the company as well?
What can you offer to them that no other loser before or after you can do?

How's your presentation? Updated and eye-pleasing resume format? Do you look like a fat slob in penny loafers, or do you look like you got your shit pulled together enough to someday lead the company? (If not - BE that person.)

Network like a motherfucker. Make cards with your contact and website information. Better yet get a QR code they can scan! Show them you don't fuck around!

Good luck!
>>
>>16615904
Beats me. I went on ~15 interviews in the past few months for a lab job (biology degree) but was never extended an offer. All the jobs were entry level, so I assume the competition is really high.
>>
>>16615904
I'm 19 and make $22 an hour in an entry level IT position without a degree. I an extremely lucky to have the position but I was able to secure it for Terry reasons. Presentability and experience. I have a few years experience in IT so I would advise you to try your hardest even to get an internship if you can. For entering the IT field, experience is HUGE. A lot of tards have a degree, but that doesn't mean know they work in an office environment. Experience does. The second thing is your interview. You need to crush your interview. I went out and bought a $500 suit the day before to look nice. I'm serious when I say look up interview questions. I had 6 people in my interview and it was a bit intimidating but make sure you answer every question no matter what. No "I don't know" bullshit. After talking to two people that were in my interview, they said I did such a good job that they decided to hire right after I left the room so you must be confident in all your answers. It's hard to fish but relax, they're just everyday people like you and me trying to read out retards so don't be one. That's just my experience but try to work on those two things. Good luck annon.
>>
>>16616333
Ignore the typos and wrong words, I'm on my phone.
>>
I got an IT technician job when I was 18 by walking into the IT office at my local university and asking if they had any positions. I dressed well for the interview and I knew my shit. Wasn't too hard and they offered me the job a few days later.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.