[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
May have given gf herpes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1024x768
I might have just infected my wonderful girlfriend of one year with HSV-1, the herpes virus that causes facial coldsores.

She's known about my coldsores for a while, and I've refused to kiss her on multiple occasions when I believed a coldsore was coming (and the virus is most contagious). But today I was making out with her for over an hour, because I hadn't felt the telltale tingling/burning sensation that always preludes a sore for almost a week. Then I go home, and only two hours later, I find a big fucking sore forming on my upper lip. Didn't feel any tingling or burning beforehand, don't know where the fuck it came from.

So now there's a decent chance she has the virus, and I have no idea what to do. I'm aware it's not a deadly disease, but it's something she might have to deal with for the rest of her life, all because of me. She's already highly insecure about her appearance, this would only make things worse.

Do I tell her she might be infected? Should I take a risk and wait to see if she shows symptoms and finds out herself? I don't even know how long it takes the virus to show itself, I could be worrying about this for weeks.
>>
>>16615447
Sounds like she knew what she was getting into and knew the risks of kissing you. Don't bother unless she says something.
>>
>>16615447
Its honestly no big deal. Some people get infected and never get coldsores, some do. Either way, it's so common that there isn't that much stigma about it these days. I'm a femanon and get coldsores, and I have since I was a little girl. Luckily, I get them rarely (maybe once every couple of years), and my boyfriends of the time have always been understanding. It helps that she was already aware that you get them so hopefully she understood the risks. I mean yea, it sucks, but its really no big deal. I hope that helps.
>>
>people making this big of a deal about coldsores
I've never gotten them, but I hardly think it'd be the end of the world if I did.

Either you infected her or you didn't. No need for you or her to spend weeks agonizing about it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.