[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey how does your feel? I feel that now that I am reaching the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: dream.jpg (126 KB, 1200x606) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
126 KB, 1200x606
Hey how does your feel? I feel that now that I am reaching the age of 22 that my whole life is dying. Like a new phase and everybody around me is growing into a new phase as well.Its as if all the things I wanted to achieve in the past are gone and now I have to do something new. Its kinda of depressing and all the people I knew are now moving on as well. Maybe the door closed on my old life and I can let it go. Hopefully the new life will be everything I wished for.

Do you understand me?
>>
File: dafuq_by_theoffu-d4pppfi.jpg (47 KB, 900x607) Image search: [Google]
dafuq_by_theoffu-d4pppfi.jpg
47 KB, 900x607
>Hey how does your feel?
>Do you understand me?
Nope.
>>
>>16615036

this is normal. 22 is about the age you leave college, so im guessing this is what you mean.

if you ever watch buffy the vampire slayer, they had an excellent metaphor for this.

in season 5 she died.

in season 6, she came back to life. she was miserable being alive, because (while dead) she was in heaven, and how that she is alive again reality is nothing but suffering, so she becomes depressed.

the metaphor here is that college (Which she stopped attending after season 5) is in fact heaven. its the best time of your life. its all fun and games, and sure there is work, but its really cushy compared to going out and figuring life on your own.

aftercollege everyone sorta 'loses' themselves. its no longer about the parties and hanging out and friends. everyone gets thrown into the world and has to figure out what they are doing with their lives.

everyone gets passed it. you will to.

i find the best way to get through it is just have a solid plan. figure out your job, where you wanna live, and quickly get settled and then do your best to find (or e ven create) a group of friends.
>>
>>16615036
>22
>whole life is dying

Gimme a fucking break.
>>
>>16615092
>college is in fact heaven. its the best time of your life.
only if your life is shit
>>
>>16615179

>only if your life is shit

when you first leave college, it generally is. this is a broad statement, sure, and its not MY metaphor, so do with it what you will, but no one tends to leave college and immediately fall into place and have the time of their life.

leaving college means leaving behind the parties and adventures and focusing on figuring out what you are actually doing with life, finding a place to live, finding work, etc.

in time you adjust and find new ways to have a fun life.

either way, go fuck urself.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.