[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can do better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Due to my environment, I can't be comfortable. Because I can't be comfortable, I can't study for shit. I will do nothing instead of something, but I'm not content with this mindset.

I can forsee that if the place I was living at was less messy, and if there weren't constant sound, I'd be serene. If I was alone in a pleasant, nay a sterile environment, then I'd have it a lot easier to fulfill what I want to do.

I won't be able to move until quite a lot of years (barely 18), so what do I do now? It is crucial that I am able to do intelligent stuff (reading, and maths). I'm able to do these, but my mind's uneasiness and boredom kick in way too fast. It's like my mind is always reserving power for my environment for some reason. Everything about this place is off. The air isn't so fresh, the rug doesn't feel right, and is most of the time dirty, the constant ticking is being registered subconsciously, the tv is on and I can hear it, I always sit on my bed 'cause I'm sharing a small room, so there isn't a desk, and this laptop uses an ethernet cable, so I can't move it around too much. My back constantly hurts because of me sitting on my bed. There's also a lot of shit on the floor that makes me feel a bit better when cleaned up, but the mess always comes back, and I'm not really autistic, so stuff lying on the ground isn't really gonna bother me physically, so why care for it?

Does anyone have any life advice?
>>
People keep saying that I'm smart, but I know my limitations, and I'm not anywhere near them.

If I just had enough space for a desk and a chair. That would be life changing for me, but there's just no space.
>>
>>16614757
If your environment is messy, clean it up. Or at least try to keep what part of the room you have clean. If you're still finding it hard to focus and study, leave the environment and go somewhere else. Maybe outside or a library or a cafe. Just get out and go do stuff, since you said your back is hurting from you being on your bed too much. Clean up what you can, do what you can, deal with the cards you're dealt with until you can get a different hand.
>>
>>16614825
The library closes early, and I have a laptop that needs its power source since the battery is dead.

The cards I've been dealt aren't that great. I don't see a solution to a perfect answer, but I posted this just in case someone else might come up with some genius situation. I doubt that'll be the case.
>>
>>16614842
solution*
>>
>>16614757
Since your issue is being unable to cope, you're naturally going to have to work on your coping skills.

Stoicism, CBT/DBT, and mindfulness/meditation are gonna be your best friends. Sorry shit sucks, OP. On the upside by the time it's over you're going to be better equipped for the "real world"
>>
Just sounds like you're being nitpicky, to be honest. People who want to learn and do well will work through these things. Most of it sounds like it's your fault anyway
>>
>>16614882
It sounds like you're being manipulative, to be honest. People write about their problems and from that you can assume what will make them agree with you. The last part is an unrelated trigger to make me flustered.
>>
>>16614914
>manipulative
Buzzword of the year. If you want a hugbox and don't want people to tell you straight, go to Reddit. Don't be surprised if you get unfiltered answers here.
>>
>>16614914
Insecurities*

From people talking about problems, you can guess some insecurities that might be at the back of their heads.
>>
>>16614922
You're saying stuff a toddler would be able to say if you gave it 2 seconds to soak in what the question is. Hugbox or not, you're not doing anything.
>>
>>16614931
You mean I'm calling OP out on being a whiny bitch? No shit.
>>
>>16614951
I thought that was what /adv/ was about?
>>
>>16614757
You're blaming everything but yourself on your shortcomings. When >>16614882 tells you how it is you react negatively. Honestly OP, not only do you seem likely to be a failure, you deserve to be one.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.