[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gay people and gay marriage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
All right, so I'm gay (yeah yeah, fag and blah blah blah) and my best friend is straight. We were having a conversation about how another friend of ours parents got divorced and then it segued into a talk about marriage. He told me supports gay people but doesn't support gay marriage. He said, "Listen, I don't care if you wanna hold hands with guys or anything, but getting married and showing it off to the world seems a little unnecessary." I immediately thought it was a hypocritical stance to take and I tried telling him that but he wouldn't listen.

Is there any way I can make him see how much of an idiot he's being?
>>
>Is there any way I can make him see how much of an idiot he's being?

Not really. Not when in his head, he's probably thinking the exact same thing about you.

You're never going to convince anyone of anything dealing from a place of moral indignation, superiority, or anger. Putting someone on the defensive is by far the most counter-productive thing you can do while trying to persuade them. Sympathy is often the most successful route.
>>
>>16614634
>Sympathy is often the most successful route.

I misspoke. Empathy is often the most successful route.

And for empathy to work, you need to actually be willing.
>>
>>16614634
So it sounds like I might have reached a stalemate with him then.
>>
>>16614641
Yeah I was reading over that and got a little confused when you said sympathy. I understand it better now though. Also sorry, dunno why my name was Blue for a second.
>>
Tell him to not listen to media. There is a difference between a gay and a faggot.
>>
>>16615672
>Tell him to not listen to media.
The media is the main reason LGBT shit has surged in popularity. There's a reason the polls were flipped in less than a decade.
>>
>>16614649
>dunno why my name was Blue for a second

Your JIDF gay brainwashing psyops has no power here
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.