[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Panic attack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: FB_IMG_1451208139207.jpg (27 KB, 552x430) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451208139207.jpg
27 KB, 552x430
I'm having a panic attack and I have no idea why, it's just happening. Anons with panic attacks, how do you deal with them?
>>
Deep breaths pal. Count to seven breathinng in, hold for seven, count to seven breathing out. You'll be fine man. :) do this for a few minutes.
>>
>>16614104

i had one for lik 24 hours straight, more of an anxiety attack. i went to the doc, explained what happened (i had just confessed my feelings to someone, got rejected) and they gave me medication that calmed me down since it had been going on for like 12 hours.

so thats a thing.
>>
I imagine where I'm going to be 24 hours from now, what I'm going to be doing, etc.
>>
throw eggs into a bathtub.
http://ccvillage.buffalo.edu/CCNY/2011%20Archive/07%20copingwithpanicattacks1.pdf
>>
>>16614108
that's anxiety yeah, panic attacks rarely lasts for more than an over.
>>
>>16614108
Op here, and same, I've had them like that too and was given ativan. I have some but I don't want to use it so much I get addicted, I want to work through this myself but it's just so hard
>>
>>16614104
I had a panic attack last night. It lasted for several hours. I started to read about anxiety and panic attacks. It helped me a little. I think understanding the issue while you're dealing with it gives some clarity.
>>
>>16614107
This breathing pattern is actually helping a bit, but I can't stop the thoughts rushing through my head
>>
>>16614162

im generally a 'work it out yourself' kinda guy. in my circumstance it was the first of only two times this ever happened so not sure what to tell ya.
>>
>>16614174

play a video game while listening to a calm audio book in the background? keeps your brain double stimulated so you cant dwell on thwats cuasing the issue.
>>
It makes it harder if you try to make it stop. Just let it happen, remind yourself it won't last forever.

If someone has the 54321 rule that's helpful, too. Or whatever it is.

I had an attack when I was on the interstate and started blacking out so I pulled off into the next exit and just let it happen, and it was done in less than five minutes.
>>
>>16614182
What happens when you just let it happen instead of fighting it? Do you cry, shake, scream?
>>
>>16614179
I just put pokemon on (no bully pls) and its helping a little
>>
>>16614174
>>16614228

Watch this video. Even if you're a girl it applies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAb-YPOJmg
>>
File: engaging.png (249 KB, 1600x1178) Image search: [Google]
engaging.png
249 KB, 1600x1178
>>16614162
>>16614172
Panic attacks does not last for several hours, they barely last for an hour.

Please read the link I provided here >>16614113

Pic related are things you can do when you have a panic attack
>>
File: expressanger.png (296 KB, 1712x1118) Image search: [Google]
expressanger.png
296 KB, 1712x1118
>>16614362
more ways to cope.
>>
>>16614349
Op here, I am a grill and it did make me laugh.
>>
>>16614104
Stop drinking caffeine and start talking to a psychiatrist about your problems
>>
>>16614104
Had a friend who had panic attack
He went to hospital, and he waited there, for like 1 or 2 hours before taking pills.
His technique to prevent it and sleep well is to fap before going to sleep.
I don't think you'll be able to fap, but calm down, you're not in danger
>>
>>16614104
I'm the same way, anon. I have no idea why it happens. It seems every time it happens during something different. After eating breakfast, going out on a date, arriving at work, watching a movie on the couch, etc.

I get very light headed and nauseated, have to make several trips to the bathroom for diarrhea, and sometimes vomit my guts out.

Talk to your doctor and get yourself something like Ativan. Keep in mind though, the drugs can be addictive to some and moreover have a lot of withdrawal symptoms so only use them when you absolutely need to.

Take your time and slow down your breathing like many of the other anons have mentioned. I'm considering therapy, but I honestly don't see what could be spawning the panic attacks out of the blue considering life has only been improving for me lately.
>>
>>16614104
Anon, I am curious - what does a panic attack feel like and what triggers you?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.