[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, can someone please give me a more detailed explanation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151228_132552.jpg (57 KB, 685x904) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151228_132552.jpg
57 KB, 685x904
Okay, can someone please give me a more detailed explanation of this shit? How is it sent but not delivered? If I have white circle check marks do I just need to keep resending it till I get a blue check? I have messages with white checks that I sent like a month ago and are still white... And the person is on FB all the time. Why won't those send?
>>
>>16613910

generally speaking SENT means that the server has your message in hand, and has sent it out.

delivered means that the person has 'accepted' the message, even if automatically. like if you are using KIK, it means that the person has logged on, or that their phone automatically notified them they have a message.

read means they saw that, swiped, and opened to read it in the chat box itself.

not sure what it means if someone people are still not getting it delivered if they been online.
>>
Empty circle: I'ma chargin mah lazor
Checked empty circle: I'ma firin mah lazor
Checked shaded circle: My lazor has hit the target
Friend pic: My target has seen the hit
>>
>>16613916
Sometimes the messages does like a request thing, where they have to accept it first. So even if they login but don't accept the message request it would stay white w/check?
>>
>>16613924

that might be a possibility. sounds right. i dont really use facebook so idk.
>>
>>16613921
But can the lazor miss and not hit?
>>
>>16613930
Yes. It's called the "Other" inbox.
>>
>>16613929
OK, well thanks, I appreciate it. I'm just trying to contact an old friend and I'm not sure how often they use FB. They updated their profile pic like a couple weeks ago so.....and with the message being white check I just wanted to make sure they got it. Also don't want to send a bunch and be like "oh just making sure this shitty app sent the message hurhur"
>>
File: dance the rock.jpg (61 KB, 430x406) Image search: [Google]
dance the rock.jpg
61 KB, 430x406
It depends on the recipients account settings. Some people have it set so that only close friends can message them, I think.

Are you friends on fb? If not, that might be the explanation. It would go in the "other" folder, not the inbox.
>>
>>16613935
Theres no other inbox on FB
>>
>>16613946
This is why there's a poke-button
>>
>>16613951
Oh, I didn't know that. I'm not friends with them yet. I guess I'll send a friend request, so even if they don't get the message first they'll get the friend request, right?
>>
>>16613953
sure there is. just not available in the messenger app.
>>
>>16613964

why wouldnt you send a friend request first?

but yeah this happens to me all the time. i dont put my picture or anything on facebook so when i send a request and a message they just ignore the request and the message goes to this mysterious 'other' folder that no one has ever looked at.
>>
>>16613960
Where? Is it only on the site, not in app?
>>
>>16613972
oh, actually they've changed it to "message requests"

My bad
>>
>>16613972
Oh, my apologies then
>>
>>16613976
Idk, I just thought I'd message them first. But I just sent them a friend request, hopefully I hear back!! Thanks for your help
>>
>>16613972
>>16613984

On desktop version, if you hit Messages in the home menu, you'll see the usual list of most recent chats. ABOVE this list there's three option: Recent, Message Requests and More (Unread, Filtered and Archived)

It's a stupid design, and most people don't even know it's there.
>>
>>16614004
With. seriously, what happened to simplex.
1) write message
2) send
3) done
How fucking hard is that. Now we have all these checks and filters and shit
>>
>>16614029
>>16614004
I meant wth.
And simplicity
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.