[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friend often ignores texts/calls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151223_200304608.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151223_200304608.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
So, my best friend, whenever we meet IRL we always get along but over text I feel like im texting a hot chick out of my league.

So I text him before the weekend and ask him if he wants to chill, he says maybe. So on the weekend I text him and he doesn't answer, I call a few hours later and he doesn't answer. And then a few more hours later I call him one last time. Still nothing.

Frustrated, I text his mom since we're close and complain and say he's being a cunt (not in those words) she tells me that he's been with her the whole day and hadn't said anything about it.

Later on, at night, he texts me with "hey" and I don't respond since I was sick of his shit. I haven't responded back 10 days later.

Over Christmas I sent his family a card wishing all of them a merry Christmas - dog included - except him. Haven't heard anything back

What am I to do with a friend like this?
>>
BTW this is not the first time he's done something like that
>>
>>16613760
Well, personally I think you're being slightly petty.
Sure it's fucking annoying when this happens and I should know because I have to deal with the same thing.
But, you should have included his name on the Xmas card
>>
>>16613760
Why are you being so passive agressive?
This is like 100% your fault now for not being straightforward.
When you have a problem like this- you talk to them about it. "Hey man is everything ok? You take forever to respond and It kinda worries me" then he'll probably be like "oh yeah sorry dude I was just busy and forgot haha" and then you say "ok, please just try to respond to me right when you see my text next time. That's kind of a pet peeve of mine"

Now that he knows this about you, you can actually hold him accountable and have a right to be pissed if he keeps doing it all the time.

by being passive, he won't associate his mistake with you being an asshole. He will just think you're overreacting and being a jerk
>>
>>16613813
I have already told him in the past that it very much upsets me when he ignores me like that
>>
You're trying way too hard to make him fit your mold. Also,

>Frustrated, I text his mom
is a faux pas no matter how close you are with her. Your closeness with her involves you and her, not her grown-ass son.
>>
Anyone else?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.