[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My GF of 8 years broke up with me half a year ago... I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 0OgTP5q.jpg (175 KB, 898x449) Image search: [Google]
0OgTP5q.jpg
175 KB, 898x449
My GF of 8 years broke up with me half a year ago... I've had a new gf for 3 months now, but I still miss my old GF. I really like my new GF but I don't know if I can truly love her...

Has anyone of you guys ever been in that situation? What would you do if you were me?

>pic potentially related
>>
She's your girlfriend.

First of all "girlfriend" is an abstract. No two constellations of two people are ever the same. There is no obligation on your part to love someone at a certain level. My previous girlfriend and I waited six or seven months after becoming exclusive (11 months after initially hooking up) before we first told each other I love you. I had been wanting to say it on and off for three months by then, but I thought it was right to wait until it seemed like it mattered.

So just don't worry about it. Enjoy your time with her, and don't expect anything. What will be will be, but if you don't see any point in being with her, you should break up with her and release her to the world, for her own sake, and for our.

I will however advice you to let go of your ex.
>>
Also, if you think like the pic you posted, no wonder you got dumped
>>
>>16613185
Similar situation. Dated a girl for 6 years, she broke up with me about 2 years ago. I've been seeing my new girlfriend for about a year now (so I started dating her 6 months after my long term gf broke up with me).

At first it was hard, I couldn't get my old gf out of my head. That's a lot to ask for though cause I did date her for 6 fucking years. That's a long time, especially compared to my new gf. But as time went on I thought about her less and less. I thought I'd never get over her and my new gf would never live up to her. But as of right now I could honestly care less about her. I've finally let go and I'm in love with my new gf who treats me like a king. You'll get there anon. Maybe or maybe not with this girl, but I assure you that you'll love another girl more than your previous gf.
>>
>>16613185
Stick with new girl and forget about. You could fuck something good because you're hung up on a chick who dumped you like garbage. Snap the fuck out of it and focus on your future, not the past. I swear our biggest weakness as humans is getting hung up on people who stopped loving us or never loved us.

Instead of thinking about your ex, think about how lucky you are to have a new gf. I lost a good woman because I was hung up on a slut who cheated on me. Try to think clearly bro.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.