[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Penny for your thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Yanet Garcia.jpg (160 KB, 636x362) Image search: [Google]
Yanet Garcia.jpg
160 KB, 636x362
A guy from my girlfriend's work has been subtly trying to ask her out. The first time was a few months ago and he asked her if she wanted to grab coffee after work, she said she was busy and declined and left it at that without saying she had a boyfriend. When I asked why she didn't tell him that she did, she said she just didn't want to assume that he meant a date and didn't want to embarrass herself (though, in my eyes it clearly was). I said it was fine and I understood.

The second time was last night, though this time he was a bit more direct and asked when she was free and if she wanted to hang out. Again, my girlfriend made up a fake excuse and said no without telling him she had a boyfriend. This concerned and upset me now, because not only is it crystal clear that he's going for her romantically this time, but she dodged telling him twice about her relationship. When I said I was upset, she said she just acted on impulse and just wanted to say no and not explain any further. I said it felt insulting to me that she wouldn't just tell him and be done with it, and that she doesn't seem to mind that she's being hit on by another man.

After talking, she found a subtle way to tell him that she's in a relationship. Though, I still feel uncomfortable. My girlfriend is very shy and likes to avoid confrontation, and is also very naive (everyone knew I liked her before we dated before she did). She also said she only acted on impulse, and was genuinely sorry when I told her how it ticked me off, and asked how she would feel if I did the same to another woman.
Am I overreacting here? She's apologised now and the dude knows she's taken, but I still feel humiliated that she didn't in the first place. Talk some sense into me, /adv/.
>>
>>16612979
>She's apologised now and the dude knows she's taken, but I still feel humiliated that she didn't in the first place
Yes, you are overreacting. You said yourself it's in her personality to be oblivious and to not like confrontation, if you can't accept it in light of this, then you're a lost cause.
>>
>>16612979
Ya it is kinda weird, man.

And you also have to wonder why he's asked your gf out twice. Is she sending him signals that are making him want to ask or is he just a rapey fucker?
>>
It depends on what kind of a person she is. If she's awkward and non-confrontational then it's not that weird that she acted like this. Girls and guys are different.

Also, I guess girls often don't want to jump to conclusions when guys ask them to do something. While it might be obvious to guys the dude was interested, it's not obvious for many girls.
>>
>>16612979

You're in the right here, but you shouldn't make a really big deal over it imo. She didn't have to tell him she has a boyfriend when he asks her to grab a coffee, but she could have at least mentioned your existence to him sometime during work. It's kinda weird that she didn't, but if she avoids confrontation, I can relate to that because I'm totally the same.
>>
>>16612979
first I appreciate you laying everything out honestly it makes it easy to see you are sincere

Yes, you are overreacting I don't believe she wanted to humiliate you, nor that you have been humiliated. This could have gone down much, much worse. She's honest with you and fixed it. Remember she has to see this guy at work and I understand avoidance to save herself embarrassment, her first attempt to shut him down worked for a few months.
>>
>>16613026
Thanks senpai. I just needed someone to snap me back to normal.
>>16613024
It's not like she talks to this guy a lot, she said she avoided him like the plague since he first asked her.

It feels better now after talking to her, I guess I just needed to calm my tits.
>>
>>16612990
It's cos she said 'no, maybe next time' the first time and he probably thought it meant try again
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.