[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to get my boyfriend a pet since he has always wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 239842.jpg (33 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
239842.jpg
33 KB, 620x413
I really want to get my boyfriend a pet since he has always wanted one. The problem is that he can be such a slob and generally unreliable that I am afraid of bringing another soul into his place. I don't think he would take care of it properly...

Should I get one for him anyway or should I wait until he is a decent human?
>>
File: 1451203239080s.jpg (7 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
1451203239080s.jpg
7 KB, 250x247
Since he wants to act like a fucking child, maybe start with something small, like a fish, one that doesn't require much maintenance.
>>
>>16612758
>Should I get one for him anyway or should I wait until he is a decent human?

Wait, for the love of god, wait.
>>
>>16612758
Get cat ears and become his pet op
>>
>>16612775
Good idea!
>>
get a goldfish

literally just feed it once a day and change the water rarely

actually with some of the filters today you dont even need it
>>
>>16612769
>>16612798
>people still perpetuate the "fish are beginner pets meme"

Jesus Christ pls no. You NEED a filter. You need live plants and a heater, you need proper substrate, the right sized tank, you need to balance the pH and nitrogen cycle even before you introduce the fish. You basically are in charge of maintaining a mini-ecosystem, not just an animal.

OP don't get him a pet if he won't be 100% capable.
>>
>>16612831
>every fish ever is a small freshwater tropical fish

i own a Beta
had him for like 3 months already
all i have done in that time is literally take about 30% of the water out and put in some more water i let sit out for a day or two, and that wasnt even required

get a Beta
feed it
thats it
>>
You should never surprise someone as a pet. You're signing them up to take care of it until it dies.

As for your question in the OP, don't assume that getting him a pet will turn him around. In the end you will probably be the one stuck taking care of it (if you live together)
>>
>>16612758
>slob and generally unreliable
>until he is a decent human

Why are you with him? I am genuinely curious, you don't seem to have anything good to say about this guy.
>>
No. Don't do it.
>>
File: 1395282182797.jpg (28 KB, 482x720) Image search: [Google]
1395282182797.jpg
28 KB, 482x720
Don't get him a fish. Get him a cute low maintainence plant if you're worried. When I was a kid I got a bonsai that only needed water once a day, it taught me to routine care.
>>
>>16612758
How about you just leave him for being such a manchild cuck?

Seriously, why are you even wasting your time with him? You can do better.
>>
Get pregnant instead, seeing as you are just testing him to see if he can be responsible, cut out the middleman.
>>
File: 1411564601656.jpg (127 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1411564601656.jpg
127 KB, 437x437
>>16613646
Like you? you fucking faggot.
You don't know this woman, she may be a complete cunt, for all your virgin arse knows.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.