[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ It's the first time I am posting here. 27 yo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 36004680.png (384 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
36004680.png
384 KB, 500x324
Hi /adv/
It's the first time I am posting here.
27 yo NEET here.

Wanting to turn my life around.

Lurking /fit/ been regular at the gym for 5 weeks now

Lurking /ck/ and started eating healthy.

It's a long road and I have to take it.

>I am not interested in doing anything. Literally nothing I don't even wanna play video games and when I do, I am not invested in the game.

How do I change that? how do I motivate myself to do anything. I don't understand.

It's definitely going to offend you. But i didn't even wanna open this thread up! This is how much I don't give a shit about life!
>>
File: 39232711.jpg (70 KB, 630x560) Image search: [Google]
39232711.jpg
70 KB, 630x560
>>16612747
bump
>>
if youre going to the gym and eating healthy i would say thats a good start

now start working
>>
>>16612869
I am returning to uni. Classes start next month. But I don't know if I will be able to concentrate. I tried it 2 years ago and dropped out because ... I am literally motivated at nothing :(
>>
>>16612747
>regular at the gym for 5 weeks now
>regularly eating healthy

Sounds like you have some motivation. You don't just do those things without some willpower and saying, "Yeah, I'm gonna go do the thing." So keeping doing the things.

I think what you are asking about is "inspiring" motivation. Desire and drive to pursue this or that. But y'know what? If you're main goal is to get through the day and push forward in your life, then settle on the mundane motivation that you have right now. Having the motivation to tell yourself, "Do this," and then doing it--that's what will get you through college. If you wait until you're excited to learn, and happy to study, and fascinated with this, and invested in that, then you might fail. But if you use the workhorse type of motivation of "Do the thing," then you're going to succeed. It's okay if you just have that right now. It will keep you going to the gym. It will keep you eating healthy. It will keep you studying and passing your classes. When you build a good base for yourself, then the more dramatic, excited motivation might come. You will have a solid foundation for yourself with your workhorse motivation, so you can enjoy this or that. But don't feel bad if you can't find it. I fucking hate those people who knew what they wanted to be when they were a kid and have unending drive. I hate them because I'm envious, but I don't have that inspiring motivation, but you know what? You don't necessarily need it. You made this thread looking for it, and I'm saying it might show up, and it might not, but no matter what, don't discount that your workhorse motivation ethic is what's going to get you through life (doing what you have to do). The inspiring thing is just icing on the cake, but respect the fucking cake. It's good cake. It's your foundation. And it will get you where you need to go as good as those inspired bastards.
>>
What the fuck are you talking about? Life doesn't get better by going to the gym. You don't improve by going to the gym aside from getting some muscles.

>I am not interested in doing anything
Sorry to break it to you, but being interested in something is more of a weakness than a strength. You get interested for a task, and then if it won't fade, you won't have the same interest for another task, so you won't do it.

It's better to learn that you have to grind stuff. You don't need your mind to learn things, only your brain.

You won't accept this, so whatever.
>>
okay this is a great start as your body seems like it will be in great shape but mentally your probably virtually obese so you need to train your mind up again and you can do this by reading alot of literature things like ... "how to win friends and influence people " by Dale Carnegie.
You want to be using your brain again dont stagnate. You can do creative things too perhaps like drawing, writing, animation, films I myself do stop motion animation it makes me feel happy with myself.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.