[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have respect for waiters and waitresses, I would not last without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1000x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1000x630
I have respect for waiters and waitresses, I would not last without exploding. I was helping out as a waiter for a few days, (my real job is in a office for the gov).

Alright so a customer comes in orders a 8 dollar meal to go. Her friend pays they talk about their welfare cheque. I give her the food, done right? No, she starts asking for extra packs of sauce and I said ok, extra bag, ok, napkins, I give her a few. Nah she preceeds to grab a stack along with straws and over 5 forks. I'm pissed at this point and she said what's the big deal and swearing.

She doesn't actually leave and instead sits down to eat and asks for glasses of water. She starts sharing the single meal with her bf. No tips and I have to pick up after her. I said straight up to her that is ridiculous and were a business. I was pissed as hell and would have said fuck you!
>>
>>16611516
>poor person comes into eating establishment
>pays for food
>asks for free beverage which you are legally required to provide as a restaurant
>eats their food inside the restaurant

So basically they had a shitty attitude and that justifiably upset you, but you're also being a faggot. I recommend never returning to food service if this very minor, common issue has driven you this mad.
>>
>>16611516
Cool story, broham. Welcome to a usual day in the service industry.
>>
My question is how many free things does a mom and pop restaurant have to provide until one steps in and says sorry we have to charge you? Is grabbing a whole stack of napkins appropriate? Should we not say anything when they bring own drinks? That's fucking rude IMO.
>>
>>16611559
Well, water is a basic human need, and I believe in most western nations, it is law to provide someone with water when asked, especially in restaurants. Other than that, though... fuck them and fuck their neediness.
>>
Step to this guy OP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXZJSGwtXV8&feature=youtu.be&t=27s
>>
I think the problem is if you order from any decent restaurant and order take out and start to grab a seat somewhere unpacking the order and eat they'll go wtf. As for bringing drinks, I brought a coffee in without thinking and the waitress was annoyed. Many places charge for packs of sauces etc. Poor people on welfare are just too used to getting things handled to them. They don't care.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.