[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
suicidal friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Hello everyone, my friend wants to kill herself and I really want to help her. Everything I say to her doesn't seem to make a difference to her. She cuts herself and I have a feeling it's going to end bad and I don't want that to happen. Any advice on how I can help her?
>>
I'm sorry to hear that you (and she) are going through this, but she needs more help than you, or we, can provide. She needs a professional.

This doesn't mean you can't do anything. A kind and supportive friend can work wonders for snapping someone out of individual crashes. You may even find yourself saving her life a few times. But this doesn't fix the underlying problem, and if left untreated, there will be more crashes. She needs professional help, and the best thing you can do in the long term is to gently -always gently- urge her in that direction.
>>
age?
>>
>>16611275

Like if this is serious...
you MUST always consider it being a serious business/HER depression must be YOUR personal enemy
you should never left her ending up alone (even if she says that she will be OK), even for a night. Text her, phone-call her.
you can try to find out what bothers her with such tendecies (and you could try to protect her from it)
show her that you ARE really caring about her fate, show her that you are worried about her mood. (and it makes you down too)
talk to her (alot)
try to make her life worth of living again no matter what happens around.
>>
op, 2 q's

1 r u male
2 r u crushin'

ty 4 ur tyme
>>
>>16611475
Not OP
but...

>r u male
implying?
How can gender influence such problem?
>>
^
>>
>>16611275
suicide helpline
>>
>>
You can help her by introducing her the exit bag
>>
>>16611509
maybe the girl in question is a fat smelly landwhale who got called ugly too many times. she needs the D.
>>
>>16611448
I phone her most of the times we call 1 and a half hour long but i feel she doesnt het any better
>>
>>16613065
No she has a mental scar from what happened to her long ago she thinks everything that happens is her fault.
>>
well talking from experiance from my depression and my friends who had depression, its good to talk about all the dark stuff but when I was in her position i just wanted somebody who could make me happy and forget all the dark stuff ..so i guess dont constantly bring up her depression if you do so already and just i guess try to do things that make her feel comfortable and happy..maybe you could listen to music together or go for walks at night alot, just brainstorming here for you.
>>
File: Self_harm_Pepe.jpg (24 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
Self_harm_Pepe.jpg
24 KB, 243x207
>>16611275
>She cuts herself and I have a feeling it's going to end bad
>>
>>16611275
biggest way to be there for her: get her to trust you. i had a friend who said they would call me before ever hurting themselves again, yet the next time things got bad mentally they didn't call. it's really like not just making sure, but making extra sure that she's on board to turn to friend(s) instead of hurting herself. when she does, she hurts you too =(
>>
>>16611275
Tell their parents to find her help.
>>
>>16613346
i should have ended it with: basically, she has to understand cutting herself isn't the fair thing to do, it's the least fair thing to do (unfair is a harsh term here, avoid it). she needs to understand that not just when she's calm but when she can't think straight, so this has to be a meaningful and personal/deep conversation to get it to sink in
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.