[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an issue that I would like to get off my chest, when I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: lol.jpg (60 KB, 440x658) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
60 KB, 440x658
I have an issue that I would like to get off my chest, when I go out to the bars with my friends I act like a buffoon. It tears me up when I'm sober and have to listen to my friends shit on me for the way I was acting. It’s very hard for me to refuse going out with my friends because I really don’t have any. And the way I act when I go out is just embarrassing and it keeps on reoccurring. For example I went up to this girl last night and she put in my phone “fuck off” because I was being obnoxious and I say and do the most embarrassing things. I can’t take it anymore, this isn’t me, this is not who I am. I want to change this, I don’t want to be known as a fool and if the people I actually care about knew that I act like a clown and do dumb shit when I get drunk they would lose all respect for me. I really find it hard to laugh it off but I lose control when I’m drunk
>>
It sounds to me like you need to lay off the alcohol. Not everyone can handle it.

Fortunately, designated drivers are now a thing. It's time to become one.
>>
>>16610469
You could even just drink less. Come on, OP.
>>
>>16610469

Drink less. Everybody does shit like this when they start drinking. The thing is to learn from it and get better.

For now, avoid hard liquor, stick to beer, learn to pace yourself. I used to drink like an idiot, but if I'm out drinking now, I don't have more than one or two drinks over the course of an hour, and if I have more than 7-8 drinks over the course of a night, I'm going to regret it the next day. A measured shot of liquor is one "drink." Respect that shit.
>>
You act stupid when you drink, and you want to not act stupid?
Stop drinking.
At some point you'll realize that there are better nights to be had without drinking.
>>
>>16610469
You sound like my buddy john. His friends take him out just to watch him embarrass himself. It pisses me off because the dude has a drinking problem. Stop drinking op, a lot of people drink who should not be drinking. Don't fuck up your reputation for a few laughs.
>>
I'm in the same boat and honestly, I'm giving up the stuff for the next few months. I'm lucky that they actually care about my well being and want me to take care of myself, and are willing to forgive the shit I've done when I drink.
>>
Two options:

1) Learn to hold your liquor (through experience)
2) Don't drink so much.

One drink isn't likely to kill you, so if you pull out a Gin and Tonic, or a vodka&sprite or something clear and mixed, you can safely coast the rest of the night on water. Most bartenders are very OK serving a person a single mixed drink and then putting them on a water diet for the evening. It means you're less of a liability and...you'll probably take care of them at the end of the night.

Either figure out how to drink and not be a jackass, or simply don't drink. There's no hard and fast rule that says you have to drink at a bar.
>>
File: 1404204819959.gif (3 MB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
1404204819959.gif
3 MB, 640x358
>>16610469

>I lose control when I’m drunk

Stop drinking? I'm confused why this hadn't occurred to you before.
>>
I was like you, kind of.
There was a period in my life a couple of years ago in which whenever I started drinking, there was a point of no return after which I'd just keep drinking and drinking 'till I'd downed a litre of hard liquor, on average.
Then, on most occasions, I'd end up doing something absolutely foolish. I got into tons of fights, got lost tons of other times, I once ended on the roof of some house with people I'd NEVER seen before, still no idea of how. I also got laid a lot and met tons of people, but overall bad experiences.
Anyway, I now no longer make so much of a fool out of myself, but I'm not sure how it came to be.
For the moment being, simply drink less. If you're drinking beer, then drink it normally, don't chug or whatever, and simply do a check on yourself every half hour or so to see how you feel and stop before you're drunk, or when you're starting to be.
If drinking hard liquor, basically the same, except wait some fifteen to twenty minutes between each drink, with the same sort of "self-assesment".
Stop getting shit faced and that should do it.
On the longer run, however, you should take into consideration that being drunk changes nothing of who you are, and rather reduces inhibitions and allows certain 'bottled up' and 'repressed' parts of your personality to come out. I'd dig into that and try and find why it is you act the way you act when you are drunk, and thus, have no 'systems' to prevent you from acting this way, and fix it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.