[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a lot of money from christmas, and I'm undecided wether:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1447378233251.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
1447378233251.gif
2 MB, 360x202
Got a lot of money from christmas, and I'm undecided wether:

-Spend all the money on clothes
-Spend the biggest part of all the money on a Synthesizer and the modest rest on clothes

In essence I'm not in need of clothes. I have 2, probably 4 outfits that are a sure win. But I really like clothes, and I really like to dress nice. I love the chase that is picking the right items. I have money, yeah, but not as much as to just roll anywhere and buy half the store. That is bad, but it's also good because you gotta be real sharp with what you're picking. That's cool and you also end up looking good, wich is something awesome.

Then there's the synthesizer option. I've been wanting to get into it. I feel like I need more ways to express myself creatively speaking. I really want to pick it up and start learning and messing around on the go. I feel it would be really good for me. But of course that would take a good chunk of my money, and the "looking good" aspect is one of my worries.

What should I do, /adv/? What would you do in your case?
>>
Buying a synth is the obvious choice, because one of the top regrets in life everyone has is never learning to play an instrument.
Clothes are temporary, especially since you seem to be interested mostly in current fashion.

Seriously you know what the right choice is here. You just want someone to tell justify the shitty choice.
>>
>>16610303
I'm not interested in current fashion, but into looking good. I don't know, I might be a little obsessed over this? Since my girlfriend left me a few months ago, I wanna be back at the dammm market. I gotta look good. On the other hand, I soon have a very important meeting with a bunch of movie director whom wich I'm going to work with in the future, so I feel I gotta look extra sharp.

But maybe making a decision solely because of the aforementioned concerns is a bit extreme? I'm going to look better whatever I wear. And I don't need to impress anyone with new clothes. I already get compliments and I really like myself the way I dress.

Yeah, I hope I don't sound too stupid but yeah you're right, maybe I needed to let this out of my mind? You're very right with the "one of the top regrets in life everyone has is never learning to play an instrument". I'm all the time wishing to pick an instrument and learn to play it. This might be a good beginning
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.