[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work for Walmart and make about 300 dollars a week, I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
I work for Walmart and make about 300 dollars a week, I have no ged because of family issues that prevented me to go to school. How do I get a better paying job that over looks small things like ged.
>>
>>16610206
What's preventing you from getting a GED now?
>>
get off 4chan Jacob
>>
>>16610215
I need to work 40 hours a week and don't think I'd be able to handle giving up the little free time I have to go to school
>>
Bump pls don't forget about me guys
>>
File: Flange.jpg (309 KB, 575x431) Image search: [Google]
Flange.jpg
309 KB, 575x431
40 hours? I think you have time to start studying on your own.
>>
Ged tester here,

If you are a junior in hs already, the GED should be passable with minimal senior reading, look at some copies of it online, and rethink how much school time you think you need.
>>
Take your GED
Get involved with a journeyman program

You can, contrary to everything screamed at you from up above, make a lot of money without any "higher education"
Trades are becoming increasingly more valuable because everybody is going off to college to get their degree in womans studies, english, or STEM. It's oversaturated.

Know what is in higher demand than ever now? Electricians. Plumbers. Carpenters. The professions that you don't learn in school, you learn by doing under a teacher.
>>
I did not go to school for family reasons. I got a GED while working and found that is was not a wonderful path to a bright new future. I got it because I might want to go to college later and I wanted my options open.
Some people are prejudiced when they see "GED"; it can actually hurt your chances of getting hired. They immediately think "troubled personal life" and/or "dropout". Neither or both may be true, but that's none of their business.
I applied to low level jobs and worked my way up. Good personal grooming habits and perfect time and attendance helps a lot. Good writing skills are important now that everyone uses emails. I usually watch someone at work who is successful and sort of emulate my own version of their behavior (dress, workload, what level of jokes they're willing to tell the boss.)

Hotels are good for this. being 100% available for all hours they need you is key; all managers and supervisors have "open availability". You can take time off of course, and you get great travel perks.

And always read the damn employee handbook.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.