[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend is from a rich family and it makes me really insecure.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1412982928159.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1412982928159.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
My girlfriend is from a rich family and it makes me really insecure.

I'm starting a great career but being around them makes me feel like I'm still that kid with gaping holes in his shoes and no heat.

Are these feelings normal?
>>
Is the discrepancy really that noticeable or something? I can get that you would be a bit insecure, but why does it bother you that much?

Is she or any of her family members condescending in any way?
>>
>>16609961
I never show my negative emotions

Her family is nice, but her dad seems like he sees me as a wandering dog
>>
You aren't alone OP,pretty much all of my girlfriends have been from wealthier families than me,and yeah,sometimes you'll get those feelings,but asnlong as they don't hold I over your head and act respectable,then it's something that should come to pass. Money isn't everything.
>>
>>16611125
This is because you're his daughter's boyfriend, it has nothing to do with your income.
>>
>>16611388
Yeah, still...it feels awkward with her always paying for me, buying me gifts, and stuff

I don't feel masculine
>>
>>16611816
Dude, chill and enjoy it.
When I was 17 in HS I had this girlfriend whose parents were rich, and I was having tons of problems with my parents home, so I basically spent all of my time with her and her family, going out to restaurants, the movies, theatre, concerts, eating ice cream.
Good life.
Admittedly enough, I was 17, and it'd feel weird to have a relationship like that now. Just because of the parents, though, I'm all for a girlfriend who'll pay for all my stuff.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.