[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>6 yr old sister has younger cousins over >at some point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_ni8qckzFzi1spzxrdo1_1280.jpg (518 KB, 1280x1795) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni8qckzFzi1spzxrdo1_1280.jpg
518 KB, 1280x1795
>6 yr old sister has younger cousins over
>at some point I hear her bossing them around like her mom does with her
>she says things like "whoever did this is gonna be in big trouble when I count to three" or "get out of my room now or do what I say"
>I get in the room and look at the toys on the floor
>she says "Yes, yes I know, it's a mess. No need to tell me" with the same tone her mom uses when angry
>I ask if she's having fun
>"they're impossible to manage!"

Why would a kid act like this? Just mimicking her mom? Will that stop? Because we told her to stop that behavior before, but she won't. If my memories from school are of any use, she'll get smacked or rejected at some point if she keeps doing this.
>>
of course it won't pass, it's her personality
>>
Children are like sponges, parents have to really watch what they say/do around them.
>>
and telling them not to do something is definitely the wrong thing to do.
they'll copy whatever you do, it's normal.
you want them to be kind and nice? be kind and nice around them and to them.
>>
Sounds like she's having unrealistic expectations pushed on her by her mother. If she's not allowed to make a mess while playing (even if she has to clean it up after) to the point that she's afraid that when you come in that she'll get in trouble, she's under too much pressure. Her mother isn't allowing her to be a child, controlling her so heavily that she's acting the same way to her younger cousins because otherwise she's scared she'll get in trouble for it.

http://www.handsfreemama.com/2013/12/10/the-bully-too-close-to-home/
Read this.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.