[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>invite a girl to the movies >"ok! you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1430536202545.jpg (48 KB, 608x780) Image search: [Google]
1430536202545.jpg
48 KB, 608x780
>invite a girl to the movies
>"ok! you don't mind if I bring my [male] friend, right?"
>"s-sure"

just fuck my shit up
why do I even bother
>>
Time to move on to the next one! Not a bad thing to have more opportunities now.
>>
She could have been hinting at a threesome.
>>
Why would you even say yes if she's not interested in you.
>>
>>16609552
Sure, why not, although I think my opportunities ended when I left university.
I still have to either: a) show up and have a potentially awkward time or b) come up with a good excuse to bail.

>>16609554
Nothing against men who like MMF, but I'm not one of them.

>>16609561
We're "friends" (i.e. ex-colleagues who chat online every few months). It's mostly my fault anyway for not doing anything sooner, but I thought I'd at least have a good time at the cinema, even if it is within the bounds of the friendzone.
>>
>>16609546

if you don't take the time to make it clear up front that you're asking a girl on a date, why would you give a shit that she wants to bring a friend (of either gender along).

next time, say "I'd like to take you on a date next week, would you like to see a movie with me?"
>>
>>16609546
This isn't a problem.

So cancel.

Tell her you're not going.

She knew exactly what you meant when you asked her. She, instead of agreeing to a 'date', requested to bring along ANOTHER GUY (who she probably actually IS interested in).

She doesn't like you like that.

Quit wasting your time.

Pursue someone else.
>>
The answer is always no when women ask to bring someone along on a date.
>>
File: CS-gu8LWwAENlYP.jpg large.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CS-gu8LWwAENlYP.jpg large.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
PROTIP: YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BET YOUR ENTIRE LIFE ONE ONE SPECIFIC WOMAN

get back in the game fool
>>
>>16609757
>get back in the game fool
Or, swallow a bitter red pill, and go innawoods, and hire a surrogate mother after a while if you want it
>>
>>16609632
>b) come up with a good excuse to bail.
No, you don't have to do that at all. All it takes is a quick "actually, I'm busy that night" text, and you're off the hook. In fact, that's probably what she's expecting.

The crux of the problem is that turning down a date request, especially when you're not expecting it, is just as nerve wracking as asking somneone out. Imagine someone who seems ok, but you don't really like "in that way" asks you out:

Just flat out saying "no" is going to make you look a bit of a cunt, plus you can't really be sure how the other person will react - not like they're going to chop your head of with an origami or some shit, but they might get really upset, and that's going to be really, really awkward.

Trying to put them off subtley - like saying "oh, I'm busy that night" without offering an alternative or showing any interest is great - bit only if they take the hint. Otherwise, they get in to their head that you do want to go out with them, just so long as they ask you a the right time, and before you know it you've made yourself a stalker.

A surefire option however is to accept their offer, but in such a way as they wont want it. A girl asking if she can bring a guy along is the equivalent of you asking me to get you a beer and me agreeing on the condition you drink it out of your own shoe.

Also, consider it from the "other guy's" perspective. Let's call him dave. If she goes to dave and says "oh, me and anon are going out tomorrow, do you want to come?", dave isn't going to be any more inclined to play third wheel to you and her than you are to her and dave.
>>
>>16609974
>Trying to put them off subtley
>"oh, I'm busy that night" without offering an alternative or showing any interest
>put them off subtley
>subtley
HA HA HA! OH WOW.

That's the most used up subtley excuse you can find.
>>
>>16609974
This makes sense. Thanks anon.

Thanks to everyone else as well.

I wish I understood all this shit 4 years earlier. It's not like nobody told me, but I guess I just had to learn from my own mistakes. I've made a lot of mistakes, not just concerning dating.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.