[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been extremely sick for the past five months since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: hm.png (425 KB, 517x480) Image search: [Google]
hm.png
425 KB, 517x480
I've been extremely sick for the past five months since I finished college. I spent most of my time in and out the hospital doing tests, but I didn't tell my college friends about it.

Now I'm trying to get a job and some of them are making fun of me for not having a job yet. Should I tell them I was sick? Or just shrug it off?
>>
Is this thread for real?

I didn't get a job for 3 years after graduating.

>5 months
Why wouldn't you literally take a year at least before joining the working world?
>>
>>16609502

Because college is expensive, and not everyone has unlimited access to money? What is he supposed to do for a full year without working? "travel the world?" fuck off rich kid
>>
>>16609539
Sit at home and post on 4chan.

OP's problem wasn't money though, it was how he is perceived by his 'friends'
>>
>>16609502
Oh... that makes me feel a lil better. I'm under pressure everyday by my stepfather to get a job, which I really do want, but I couldn't before because I was so sick.

>>16609553
And yea of course money is always a problem for me, but I'm about to start giving away my CV and hopefully get called by one of the companies I'm reaching. But it sucks because my college friends want to meet up and I guess they're all employed while I'm not, and I'm scared to say I was sick and they think it was an excuse.
>>
Unless is was something embarrassing like a botched abortion go ahead and tell them. Jesus, get them off your back they're just makin you feel bad.

Didn't they even visit you in the hospital?
>>
>>16609649
No nothing like that. And no, I tried telling to the closest two, but one of them changed the subject and the other one made a joke about me being "college sick".
I don't know, I feel bad. It's been five months and I'm still unemployed.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.