[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it horribly wrong to be annoyed at my girlfriend while she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: chemicals.jpg (66 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
chemicals.jpg
66 KB, 480x608
Is it horribly wrong to be annoyed at my girlfriend while she's sick? She's got this cold/flu at the moment and she's acting as though she's going to die. Lying in bed coughing and spluttering, moaning and whimpering. It's fucking irritating as hell and it's making me question my own feelings for her. She has said that she always acts this way when she's sick (noting she's even worse when her mum's around), as though it's normal to act like a petulant child.

Maybe I'm overreacting, not sure. We're also going to Spain tomorrow to visit her family so it's left me to do everything and prepare alone.

Honestly, am I going overboard here? It's probably the fact that's it's been affecting her since Christmas day, where I basically cooked a roast and did everything then too.

Tl,Dr; sick girlfriend getting on my nerves hugely. What do?
>>
>>16609099
You are not fit to be a good partner if you get so irritated when your gf is sick.

People nowadays seem to forget that you get a bf or gf not only to have something steady to fuck but also to have someone who will support and help you and vice versa, that includes times of sickness too.
>>
>>16609107
Don't get me wrong, I've done everything I can to help her. Cook, make jucies, comfort her, you name it. Yet she's not showing me much respect and just sort of expects it. I don't know, maybe you're right and I'm being a cunt. Just as likely.
>>
>>16609099
Get out of the house for a while. Looks like you're at her beck and call every moment. Take a break. You can leave someone with flu for an hour. dose her with sleeping pills if you have to
>>
>>16609107
Finish reading the post before you respond please.

It's pretty fucking obvious OP took care of her despite her bitching.
>>16609121
Shit pisses me off too OP, I hate when people exaggerate their problems in general and acting like you're dying when you have the flu would have me leave anyone.
>>
>>16609169
Apparently, some people get back to childhood when they catch cold or something like that, but they accept horrible diseases (cancer for exemple) without complaining so it's only psychological.
I even heard of a married guy in his late 30's who calls his mum when he gets sick so she can take care of him.

So OP, what you can do is simply bear with her until she gets better, and call her mum so she will take care of her while you take care of yourself.
>>
>>16609099
holy shit, my ex was the worst when she was sick

constantly seeking pity and nothing I did was ever enough
>>
>>16609099
I'd be annoyed too. I would say to just leave her alone and let her ride out her illness. Bring her some soup, then leave her to rest. But it must be hard to avoid seeing her if you guys are preparing to go somewhere.

Has she been to the doctor btw?
>>
You don't really love her anymore or you are just blowing off steam. You have had enough and it is making you question your feelings about her. That says alot .. Think about that....
>>
Have you actually had the flu? It might seem like she's overreacting but a bad case of the flu can really make you feel like death.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.