[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1451198064701.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1451198064701.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
I am finally ready to start school because I have a rough idea of what I want to learn.

I want to be able to fully understand and utilize all principles involved in modern fireams, engines, electrical systems (note, not digital so much, more like the realm of capacitors, batteries, resonant transformer circuits; basically all electrical principles and applications pre-digital age), hydraulics, whatever one would need to know to make a submarine and the same goes for all manner of aircraft (especially lighter than air vessels).

What do I need to go to school for in college classes "terms" and what schools would be acceptable for my education?

I have a fair amount of money to pay for this, but I did earn it by bust my ass off.

I am not from the past.
>>
File: 1450848784137.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1450848784137.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES POSTING, JUST DO A CLASSIC POST WITH THE OPTION AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

The pop out window quick reply post thing is fucked, at the moment.
>>
>>16608642
Mechanical Engineering

I'd also get a minor in biology so you have the option to become a biomedical engineer down the road. It has good job prospects.
>>
>>16608690
And this would cover the nautical, aeronautical, and electrical concerns?
>>
>>16608694
I'm not 100% on the nautical, but I do know you learn basic circuitry, and that mechanical engineering is the broadest engineering discipline put there.

It's as close as you can get.
>>
>>16608711
Fucking neato.

Now where is the best place to go to learn it, or places, or acceptable places?

I also want to take writing courses on my own for reasons, if that narrows the list at all.
>>
>>16608713
bumping
>>
>>16608713
When you go to college they have things called "gen eds" (general education), where you typically take basic classes outside of your major, like english, speech, etc.

Look up good engineering colleges and apply there.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.