[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a very strong fear of using chats to talk to strangers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1447278982315.png (103 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447278982315.png
103 KB, 500x500
I have a very strong fear of using chats to talk to strangers online. How do I overcome it?

I don't have this fear when it comes to emails or forums - but when it comes to stuff like IRC and IM, the prospect of talking to strangers just frightens me.
>>
>>16608178
Offer to suck their dick. That should relieve some off the stress.
>>
>>16608178
Why?

Go more in detail about your situation cause im really confused.
>>
>>16608178
What scares you?
>>
>>16608178
I practiced by talking to people on omegle. The question discussion chat is better. It takes a while to find someone who will actually keep up conversation, but it's nice since it's so stress free. I can disconnect any time and they won't know who I was.

I use it to practice cold conversations.
>>
>>16608188
>>16608186
I'm afraid of rejection or being ridiculed. When I post on a forum or write an email, I have enough time to think on my response and ensure that it won't be perceived as strange/dumb. However, this is not the case for chats.

Also, what scares me the most is the spontaneous socialization part which chats bring. I feel as though I'm not under control, and feel very anxious when I participate in them.
>>
>>16608207
Do you have conversations with people in person?
>>
>>16608207
I'm dispatching a squadron of elite dolphin operators
>>
>>16608213
Not really.

Haven't had any friends for years.
I only had friends when I was a child; when social interaction was based around shared activities (like doing stuff like playing outside) and not conversation. I had no lasting social relationships since the age of 8.

Now, I'm a 20 year old, diagnosed autistic, friendless, and can't even socialize online properly.
>>
>>16608276
Just try it anon. Even if people on the chat think you're weird, they don't know who you are. They don't know who's the weirdo. So it makes no difference

Other than that idk... Have you tried those chat bots?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.