[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET and Shut-In Advice Thread (Version 122) Holy Shit It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8
File: 1385895523713-newyear.png (189 KB, 355x253) Image search: [Google]
1385895523713-newyear.png
189 KB, 355x253
Welcome to the NEET and Shut-in advice thread!
(Version 122, running since Oct. 31st, 2013)
REMINDER: This isn't >>>/r9k/ or wizardchan

Happy New Year NEETs and shut-ins!

Drop out of school due to anxiety? Haven't left the house in a few years? Maybe you have a job, but don't leave the house or talk to people for any reason outside of it? Finding a job sure is hard these days.

The best time to change your life was 5 years ago. But the good news is, the second best time is right now!

>NEETmap
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1663835

>Chat
http://chat.mibbit.com/#[email protected]

>IRC help:
http://pastebin.com/Pi8EqVaX

>Conversation Starters and Past Topics:
http://pastebin.com/KFe5MQE2

>Helpful Links and Resources:
http://pastebin.com/ygPwDUk4

>NEETworkout:
Tuesday, Thursday 8pm EST -http://s_ynchtu.be/r/neetadv(no underscore)
>>
Previous Thread:

>>16576030
>>
File: 1366881481893.gif (4 MB, 470x264) Image search: [Google]
1366881481893.gif
4 MB, 470x264
Might as well get the new thread started off the right way...

What are your regrets from 2015?

What do you hope to change in 2016?
>>
How do i support myself as a NEET in canada i have undiagnosed autism or aspergers, something like that and living with my parents, they are threatening to kick me out and i need a plan before that happens. Im unable to hold a job and just want to play vidya and shitpost on 4chan please help me fellow NEETs
>>
>>16607934
I regret not becoming a sith lord earlier
>>
>>16607934
Not spending some money a little more wisely.
I hope to get some fulfilling relationship action goings on.
>>
>>16607934
I should have been signed up for school so i'd start this january, but now itll be next september
that is all I have to get together, just finish school
>>
how did myou fuckers spend christmas? i sure hope you didnt spend it here.
i visited some of my extended family with my dad, aunt and cousins. Both my dads cousins are judges so they are loaded as fuck, i got to swim a lot, hang out with their kids, eat some sweet ass rich people barbecue and see my dead granmdas sister who is the sweetest old lady and i got some neet cash to spend too
>>
>>16607934
I fucked my fall classes by being lazy. I hope I get the motivation to change my habits.
>>
>>16608223

Have you held a job before? If so what happened and how did you lose it?

You sound lazy as fuck instead of autistic.. I doubt they're writing disability checks for that... yet.
>>
>>16608838
I spent time with my family, then immediately holed back up in my own home.
>>
>>16608838
Still at my brother's house. Had a date bail on me, so I'll be here a few more days, I guess.

Hope everyone got to be cozy.
>>
Why do morons on /adv/ continue to reply to bait threads with genuine advice?
>>
>>16607934
>Regrets
Losing friends due to laziness and depression
>Change
Indulge myself in new hobbies and interests
>>16610290
Post the bait threads and I'll tell you
>>
>>16610305

It was partially rhetorical but >>16610067
tell me why morons are replying to that? I saw the exact same thread with a different picture about 3 times a few weeks ago.
>>
>>16610389

If you're not employed, in education or in some kind of training program then you're a NEET. From what you've mentioned so far you fit the description.
>>
Is it me or is a huge chunk of 4chan is racist, misogynist AND gay at the same time?

This place is bad for you, I swear dumb racist memes are starting to pop into my head on the rare occasions I talk to people.
>>
File: 1431562096170.jpg (53 KB, 755x579) Image search: [Google]
1431562096170.jpg
53 KB, 755x579
Are online jobs legit?

I can literally sit on my ass all day and get paid?
>>
>>16610596

Get paid next to nothing, sure.
>>
>>16610411

That means you should stop browsing this place so much. For instance you shouldn't be going to /b/ or /pol/ at all.
>>
>>16610624
add r9k to that
>>
>>16610358
They dont get enough chances to circlejerk otherwise
>>
Today I realised no one really cares; those who show a small amount are fleeting, and those who shown an adequate amount are two-faced and poisonous.

At least, this has been my life. Many people have had the basic privilege of not experiencing this.
>>
>>16610989
maybe youre just not worth caring about
>>
>>16611045
this, nobody used to care until i started trying, now i got tons of people caring, its hard to care for a looser who does nothing
>>
>>16611079
You're taking the effect and making it the cause, and making assumptions based on your experience.

I'm trying.

>>16611045
Who in your mind isn't worth caring about? I'll tell you if I fit that criteria.
>>
wow so i just called cops on someone for the first time

my mother

with terrible social anxiety

she wouldn't leave my property and kept trying to escalate an argument with me she started about some insignificant shit

i was already in a foul fucking mood so uncharacteristically of me i called her a stupid bitch once, a cunt twice, told her i'd hit her in the face if she wouldn't call the cops about it or use it as an excuse to play victim the way she does

never been violent, even as a kid. always been a pussy. never threatened violence on anyone before either.

i've given her so much ammunition if they ask her side of it

not to mention to turn my family. even though they can't stand her and they've been estranged from her most of her life, they'll still side with her despite probably realising she instigated it and knowing what she's like

i am so tired of my family members making me look like the bad guy when it's their fucking insanity that lead me to this
>>
>>16610651
I think /r9k/ is leaking into /adv/, there's 5 threads just hating on women here, not even asking for advice.

What do they gain at the end of it? Increased bitterness towards women? How is that useful?
>>
>>16611489

/r9k/ is leaking everywhere, it's not just /adv/
>>
>>16610989
Speaking of 2-faced friends, one 'friend' told me about 4 years ago that he got a girl pregnant and that he was going to get married soon cos of it. He swore me to secrecy.

4 years later, there seems to be no evidence of it. In fact, I think he might still be a virgin. Why the fuck did he tell me that? Did he think I was some sort of big mouth to spread his secret around? Was that his agenda?
>>
>>16611514

People are crazy anon. There are some things that are just unexplainable. I think this is one of them.
>>
File: lorafen.jpg (89 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
lorafen.jpg
89 KB, 512x384
how are #NEETadv doing?
>>
>>16607934
I actually can't think of anything I regret. I finally actually told my parents I dropped out of college and then started getting my life on track. Did some therapy, got a driver's license, then a job.

I do want to make more effort to do things outside of work though. When I come home or I have a day off, I just laze around and relax. It's just a dead-end stocking job, and I don't want to be stuck there forever, so I need to actually study/practice programming so I can get a real job.
>>
>>16610358
Because they could be sincere. Not everybody that browses 4chan uses it enough to tell the difference.
>>
>>16612734

http://chanstat.net/stats/rizon/%23neetadv
>>
How many non-virgins are ITT?
>>
>>16613702
Whuddup. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, and I was tired and sweaty by the end of it.
>>
>>16610411
reddit pls
>>>/g/
>>>/e/
>>>/t/
>>>/out/
>>
>>16614212
Shut the fuck up you cock loving faggot.
>>
>>16607915
I'm fat as heck and I have level 4 autism. Type 2 diabetes too.

I heard someone on here say that weed and/or shrooms can cure those things. Anyone confirm?

Also my skin is crusting especially under my neck and behind my ears. I don't know what the heck to do please help me out.
>>
>>16615083

lose weight, exercise, improve your diet, shower, the crusty shit might be some kind of infection, i'd see a doctor

weed isn't curing autism, i can say that for a fact, good luck with shrooms if you try them, you're probably going to have to eat a fuck ton of them to fix level 4
>>
Just end this gay thread already.
>>
File: 479be81777fb1fa0fcafc214886bd780.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
479be81777fb1fa0fcafc214886bd780.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
>>16615652
Truckerfag keeps forcing them
>>
>>16607934
2015 REGRETS:
>Posting on 4chan
>Lurking on 4chan
>Attempting amicable relashionshits

2016 HOPE:
>Become free
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451191578539.jpg (42 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451191578539.jpg
42 KB, 800x520
>>16615654
Deal with it, bb caek.
>>
>>16607934
>What are your regrets from 2015?
regrets i had a few but then again too few to mention.
>What do you hope to change in 2016?
just to keep getting better. At my art, at my weight annd socially
>>
>>16616094
No

>captcha is commerical trucks

CANT WAKE UP
>>
>>16607934
I regret dropping out of college for the second time

I regret telling my father I didn't know if he even loved me.

I regret telling my parents I wanted to kill myself in a somewhat threatening way.

I'm hoping to just be able to hold my shit together this year, maybe make some friends, meet women, the usual. Idk how I'm going to get kver the shame though.
>>
>>16617232
and how will you accomplish these things?
>>
tfw
>room is a mess
>its too hot do something about it
>plumbers didnt show up
>all i want is to go to starbucks, sit in a comfy couch and read a book while enjoying a coffee
>its ten blocks away and nits so hot i dont know if i will make it
>>
here is my shit: i am not a NEET but i am close to it. i am 26, i live with my mother, i got a useless college degree and work a shitty customer service job in a call center. within the past year i started working out and i genuinely feel a lot better, so now i want to get a career going. i'm thinking of going back to school to study computer science/networking with the goal of getting into network security. i'm 26 and have nothing tying me down, is this a retarded plan? or should i just bite the bullet?
>>
>>16618380
Tons of network security majors are ending up driving trucks. Why not skip a step?
>>
How to stop procrastinating? It just keeps getting worse and worse, now I'm not even able to properly read stuff anymore because I keep getting distracted by just about anything. I need to fix this, any advice from other procrastinating neets?
>>
I am 26,living with my parents.
Have anyone been brainwashed to dream to be a hero like some fucking vidyagames like me?
In this world,every woman except my mom who i have contact with will only have a decent response for my question if it's about money transaction.Therefore i believe they just use men for their goals(money) and don't take a second shit about opinions from you.Even the ones whos job is supposed to BE responsive for your opinions they will say they don't know and they will response with emotion,this happens to me in college and military in taiwan.
Therefore I don't want woman,they are either fuck ugly and just want money or just using men for their own goods,they always stay behind some rules to protect them(law,money).They never loved me,never.
>>
>>16619017
how old are you, if you are younger than 21 its ok, if you are older tho it can be serious
>>16619027
reevaluate your life choices, you are far too old to be able to afford to be so stupid
>>
>>16618380
dont go into security networks, truckerfag is right. It died 10 years ago and all the jobs are taken
>>
>>16619094
I'm 22. I failed my last semester in college and have been a NEET ever since. The cause was my increasing degree of procrastination and my waning interest in everything in life. I used to be proactive about my hobbies, at least (trekking, reading and video games), but after I've become a NEET I actually spend less time on them than I used to, I haven't even left the house in over a week. I'm starting to get out of shape because I procrastinate working out and I also procrastinate finishing books and games I start, I just waste countless hours doing God knows what and before I know it it's 4 AM and I can't even remember the details of what I did throughout the day. I was planning to go back into college and finish but in this state I'll just be throwing my money away for no benefit whatsoever.
>>
>>16619143
here is the thing, after you turn 21 you become an adult, if you are lucky, you have no idea the sorth of misserable fucks that post here being 27 or older.
Anyways you start craving other type of activitys such as learning, working, exercising and developing skills.
Maybe you where too young to go to college, maybe you craved time to fuck around, thats gone now. You will never be able to enjoy that life the same way you wouldnt be able to enjoy watching pokemon, playing with dolls and going to bed at 9 pm, you are over that part of your life now.
I have been an on and off neet since i was 19. After i turned 21 tho i started craving waking up early, eating healthy food, going outside and spending my time responsably, thats not to tell i dont play videogames or post on 4 chan but i do that when im taking a break.
Now its important for you to know that you wont be happy with this life ever, that feeling of dredd is you giving up, many people here have given up. They have a million excuses tho, just as many reasons to be unhappy too
here is the thing: working, practicing a skill, exercising, acting like an adult it feels good to you, maybe not at first, because you are not used to but eventually you enjoy it, thats why people do it.
Now you dont have to go to colege but you do need to do something with your llfe otherwise you will never be happy
>>
Wish this sort of thread was around when I browsed /adv/ back in 2012.

>>16607934
That I didn't accomplish much of anything. Burning bridges with old friends has been both a blessing and a curse, so I'm not sure how much I regret that.

Seek help and make better use of my time. Thinking about starting a project of sorts but I just need the motivation to get started.
>>
>>16619389

What kind of project are you thinking of starting?
>>
>>16619017
Have you ever seen a doc/psych about this? It sounds like adhd
>>
>>16619435
Romhacking.
>>
>>16607934

I thought that I'd have gotten over being a shut in/done anything useful. At least I'm better at coping with my anxiety though.

I want to finish my GED and hopefully start community college.
>>
>>16607915
You kids need to stop being NEETs.

Like now.
>>
>>16620630
ok
>>
>>16620630
I have.

I'm a shut-in with a job.
>>
File: 1443833610070.png (148 KB, 355x253) Image search: [Google]
1443833610070.png
148 KB, 355x253
When did these threads go downhill?
>>
:O
O_O
*_*
glimmer of hope!
I didn't know such a thread existed!

Help me motivate myself!!!!
>>
>>16621897
kys
>>
>>16621950
refusal in yo face, bitch!
>>
>>16621887
Since the first time it was posted. No one here is an actaul fucking NEET.
>>
>>16621887
It seems be more of a population problem than the quality of the threads. That's a good thing unless everyone who's not here killed themselves.
>>
>>16622702
4chan is the only board with live people! ZOMG!!!
>>
>>16622702
One can only hope ha-ha
They probably got over themselves and joined e eryone else to the journey into adulthood or went back to r9k. Either way we are the ones left behind
>>
2015 sucked just as much as last year.

Except I'm older and my lack of any sort of achievement outside of academic ones (which have long stopped being relevant), are starting to really, really stand out, like when I think back to my younger years all I really remember are just 90s telly and adverts (and school sucking a great deal.)
>>
Does anyone here have a brother or cousin your own age?
>cousin is 9 days older than me
>we where best friends until he moved to France at 6
>came back at 8, none of us had friends so we became best friends for 4 years
>we both went to prestigious rich people highschool
>now he is loaded
>has more than 40 friends
>tall as fuck
>hot girlfriend
>studying economy, friends with politicians kids so he is going to be fuck you rich
>my dad loves him more than me
Meanwhile me
>struggled to fit in my whole life
>had 3 friends and they all ditched me after highschool
>had to pay to loose my virginity
>neet 5 years
Just goes to show what child abuse does to one
I'm still struggling, picked a direction and trying to create a future for myself but damn being near him makes me feel like shit
>>
hate that i fell lin love with a girl who barely speaks to me
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.