[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone trace your IP/personal info/doxx your ass through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20150328_020806.png (121 KB, 298x337) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150328_020806.png
121 KB, 298x337
Can someone trace your IP/personal info/doxx your ass through Skype? Fuck, make fun of me, I understand, but I'm fucking afraid of getting my shit revealed. Even the tiniest shit like age and full name scares me out of my mind (it's a long story).

Overall, how do I keep myself protected? Whether it's on Skype, or even here in the 4chinners, anywhere really, do you have any warnings/tips?
>>
i just traced your IP via 4chan. i will know EVERYTHING about you in 10 minutes.

expect me
>>
i think it's possible to get someone's IP through skype

if you want to do something to prevent this, delete this person, turn off your internet for a while and turn it on again

hopefully your IP will be reseted
>>
No dude, you are safe. Also if they know your IP, they know the city you are in and nothing else. Relax, you won't be found out and raped in your room kek.
>>
>>16607386
Kekklez
>>
Yes OP anyone can literally find out your IP through skype by just using his browser..

http://skypegrab.net/
>>
>>16607386
Can you bring some pizza or something? My room's messy though, hope you don't mind senpai
Do ya wanna cuddle when you get here? I'm pretty tired already, luv

>>16607419
...I have the feeling I shouldn't click that
>>
>google my full name
>tfw you can easily find things like my phone number, county (yep, county, not country), age, schools I went to

With only my full name.

Fuck me in the ass. I'm basically begging to be doxxed senpai.
>>
Tyler, we're coming for you.
>>
>>16607619
Bitch my name Esteban Julio Ricardo Montoya de la Rosa Ramírez and like I said can y'all bring some pizza or soda or some shit?
>>
you could use a proxy if you were that worried they get your IP through skype

are you using it for games? some people would DDoS people they knew through skype from games

but using a different email, not having that email with any accounts that use your name, and having the name in that email not your real name are ways to prevent it.
having contacts in your skype not use your real name/not have any freinds you know IRL in that skype.. if they got into your skype they could view history or social engineer to get your name/info.

i'm pretty sure the way most people have thier information online is through database hacks. so even secure sites like your bank, or anything that has your payment adress/payment details attached could be a way people find out your info online.
>>
>>16608601
>you could use a proxy if you were that worried they get your IP through skype
I know, but proxies cost money and even proxies aren't all that safe as far as I know.

>are you using it for games? some people would DDoS people they knew through skype from games
No, not really, rarely (mostly because my PC lags like hell with games and Skype running at the same time ;_;)

>but using a different email, not having that email with any accounts that use your name, and having the name in that email not your real name are ways to prevent it.
Yeah, that's what I do, my email is a separate one from my personal, and I go by a nickname...

>i'm pretty sure the way most people have thier information online is through database hacks. so even secure sites like your bank, or anything that has your payment adress/payment details attached could be a way people find out your info online.
Well, fuck, ain't that jus' comforting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.