[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if someone tells me >text me whenever you want I should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nsxpuv927O1qi9xino2_540.jpg (217 KB, 540x681) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsxpuv927O1qi9xino2_540.jpg
217 KB, 540x681
So if someone tells me
>text me whenever you want
I should I assume they don't really want to talk with me, right?
>>
>I should I assume they don't really want to talk with me, right?

Why would you infer something like that? They told you explicitly what they wanted. If they don't text back then fuck them.
>>
File: 1451177962956.png (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451177962956.png
4 KB, 200x200
>>16607214
>>
depends on the context

if someone texted me out of nowhere "text me whenever you want" it pretty much means that they want me to text them
>>
>>16607228
In was at the end of a convo. They kinda say goodbye, wished me good luck and said that
>>
>>16607228
well, if they didn't want to talk with you they wouldn't say "text me whenever you want to", they would just say bye and leave

it could very well be that they don't want to bother you, so they prefer you to start a conversation when you feel like it
>>
take what this person said literally and see what happens, if overtime it becomes obvious that they don't want to talk with you, then you stop
>>
>>16607250
I don't want to bother them if they don't want to
>>
Bump for moar opinions
>>
>>16607279
the point is that if they were bothered by you, they wouldn't tell you to text them when you want to
>>
>>16607384
Yeah but when someone says it at the end of a conversation and says good luck its like farewell, no?
>>
If its a girl u have been talking with for a while, and know her good. Go for it, alot of girls like/love boys that are open about there feelings. But dont pour your heart out. Take baybe steps. And for the love of god don't drunk text.
>>
>>16607424
It's a guy (i'm a girl) and he said it to me. I don't know what to think
>>
>>16607399

no

it simply means that they are open to have other future conversations with you

"in case you are afraid of texting me again, i'm telling you this now so you can feel comfortable about texting me again"

i could be wrong, but that's how i see it
>>
File: 1411080096096.jpg (67 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1411080096096.jpg
67 KB, 512x384
>>16607233
Wished you good luck for what?
Was it like "Good luck with the exam/personal problem etc. text me and tell me how it went" or was it like "Good luck with the rest of your life! Farewell! When the stars align, and only then we shall communicate via text message..."

Also a general advice about textmessaging: Text messages have replaced phone calls and emails and are the chillest most casual way of communication. There is literally no pressure at all there, and if you have exchanged each others names and maybe had a conversation longer than 30 seconds it's totally cool to send a message with "hey long time no hear, how are you doing?" Smileys make things more clear if you are texting, and I know this goes against some guys very obscure ethics of being reserved or whatever, but a smiley here and there won't kill you for fucks sake :)
>>
>>16607458
I mentioned my exams (they are month away) and he said
>good luck, you can do it, everything will be fine
>text me whenever you want to

We were good friends and talked daily, he almost always initiated so i take it is a goodbye thing
>>
>>16607431
Very good sign that he is thinking of you, he is interested in you. Have been in exactly the same position as him. Do not get him to believe that you're using him as a shoulder to cry on. Most guys do not like it. But if u like him. Ask him on a date. Don't go for a easy movie date, grab a coffe or some food.
>>
>>16607475
Three words for u: HE LIKES U!
>>
>>16607491
How can you derive that from what he's saying... It looks like he just tries to cut ties but remain polite
>>
>>16607512
it looks like you don't really to know other people's opinion here...

you already made up your mind that he doesn't want to talk with you, and now you just want someone to reassure you of that

maybe you have some self esteem issues and that's why you are not seeing anything else other than rejection
>>
>>16607512
If a boy says, text me whenever you want to. He cares about u. Have been in this position before. And i loved her(too much). But not all are the same. Just my experience.
>>
>>16607532
really want to*
>>
>>16607532
I just really really don't want to bother him if he doesn't want to be friends anymore... I don't know how to read it... I know anons say its all good but I have this fear he said that to shake me off. I guess I have to deal with that
>>
>>16607577
To be honest, u are pussy. U are afraid too lose him. And u will if u keep up with the shit u are doing know. Don't make up a poor excuse. Just answer this one yes or no question for me. Do u have feelings for him??
>>
>>16607597
Yeah, I do

But I know he doesn't because when i told him (almost 2 years ago) he said he's after another girl but is and was single soo
>>
>>16607606
Well, tell him agian. And if he says yes. U will never regret it. And if he says no, well then u can say too urself that u had the "balls" too say it. And move on. Plenty of fish in the sea. Remeber this: People are afraid of being rejected.
>>
>>1660760>>16607616
And u asked him 2 years ago, people change ;)
>>
>>16607616
>>16607617
Thank you, I guess you are right. I'll give it some thought
>>
>>16607214
Text me whenever you want means you should text me whenever you want. If I didn't want you to text me whenever you want then I would either completely ignore you or tell you to not text me, ever.
>>
>>16607620
Good :) I hope he says yes.
>>
>>16607214
Yes, it literally means: fuck off
>>
>>16607244
This
>>
>>16607233
In my opinion it's just another way to say "if you need anything just call me"
>>
>>16607214
It means that you can text them if you feel like texting them.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.