[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would this be out of place amongst a bunch of normies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 20151226_141519.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
20151226_141519.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
would this be out of place amongst a bunch of normies?
>>
Is that a hoodie? It'll just look like some sort of abstract art to people who don't know what it is
>>
Not at all.
>>
Mildly, yeah.
>>
>>16606610
This, It will be fine.
>>
>>16606603
Looks normie as fuck. Pokemon is as normie as the brady bunch was 30 years ago.
>>
>>16606638
>>16606635
>>16606614
>>16606610

It's not acceptable for a man to wear expressive shit like this. If you're already autistic, this will only be magnified.
>>
File: 20151226_142915.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
20151226_142915.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
well im getting mixed signals so here's the second sweater I was considering.
I don't really hang out with this crowd so im not sure what's weird or not
>>
>>16606640
It's pretty obvious OP isn't a man, so that's a moot point.
>>
Both are fine. Nobody has a problem with Pokemon, as long as its a "I use to be a fan/I still pick the game up sometimes" not "omg I love Pokemon let talk about it a whole bunch".

This is true with pretty much any nerdy clothing, some extreme exceptions.
>>
>>16606651
this is correct. Everyone is in their very early 20s at this party so im not really concerned with looking distinguished
>>
>>16606603

Normies know what a pokemon is
I got a mankey tattooed on my back I dont give a fuck

Errybody appreciates pokemon
>>
>>16606673
>Normies know what a pokemon is
Yeah, but most normies won't recognize a Porygon on sight, especially when tilted into an off orientation like that.

Then again, that works in your favor. A Pokemon sweater, by itself, might be out of place, but that one is relatively inconspicuous.
>>
>>16606776

I recognized it and I haven't touched pokemon in years. Plus, I'm dumb.

I would bet 90% of millennials would recognize the image.
>>
>>16606603
Totally wear it, as long as the scene permits.

If you're going out to a nice place or someone's house for a dinner party, don't wear it.

But if you're just going out to bars, or hanging at someone's place for a party party, then wear it - it's expressive and unique(ish).

How old are you? Because that changes things a lot. If you're like 33 I would stay away. But if you're like 22 -25 it's pretty cool.
>>
Stop caring what other people think
>>
>>16606822
This is a great point. If wearing quirky pop-culture stuff is your thing, then do it.
>>
>>16606827
>>16606822
You know who doesn't care what other people think?

Criminals. It's called antisocial personality disorder.
>>
>>16606603
Are you good looking? Because if you are you can wear whatever you want.
>>
>>16606832
Well having APD doesn't make you a criminal, unless you break the law.

There's a difference between being a sociopath who has forgone society's rules and simply not worrying what your friends think about your pokemon sweater.
>>
>>16606840

The latter is a delusion. The very people who have to convince themselves that they're not amenable to social pressures are actually those most sensitive to them. They're just trying to jedi mind trick their anxiety away. It works - to an extent, perhaps. But it's an incidental remedy. To confuse it with higher philosophical truth is mind-blowlingly retarded.

There are people without this instinct. Sociopaths, autists, etc. Socially undesirable peoples who rest on the auspices of our good will or the closest possible emulation they can muster of adherence to social norms. Their behavior isn't desirable. The most desirable scenario is to be a healthily socialized individual whose communal mindedness and natural talents allow them to express a high degree of agreeableness and conformity. Those who are too socially attuned might benefit from the mind tricks you're peddling, but it's probably more beneficial to steer them towards normative behavior and allow confidence to develop proximally.
>>
>>16606854
So social normativity is being mindful of social rules while simultaneously allowing your own natural talents and interests shine through within the boundaries of what the group collectively perceives as "normal behavior"?

That's a rather calculative way of putting it, but it doesn't seem entirely untrue.

So should OP wear the sweater or nah
>>
>>16606603
Who cares. What what you want. Wear whats you, wear what makes you feel good and expresses you identity.

I spent 23 years suppressing my true self, being cynical of everything, full of anger and hate and calling people hipsters, fake nerds, whatever you like. It's all bullshit, people can look how they want and so can you. Love not hate anon. It will awaken you.
>>
>>16606603
Does the sweater look good on you? Or rather - do you feel like you look good in it? If you feel like you look good, then you probably do.
>>
>>16606603
I only wear band shirts and sweaters (Except on special occasions). And I listen to a lot of weird music most of which people wouldnt recognize. Most people dont mention it unless they listen to the band themselves. People dont really care what you wear unless its formal etc.
>>
>>16606645
Wear what's you, wear what you want to wear. I never ever give a fuck about what I'm wearing around people its just unnecessary and most of the time people don't even notice unless 1 it has words on it to read or 2 they recognize what it is
>>
>>16606645
If these people genuinely care about you the they won't give a flying fuck about what you're wearing
>>
>>16606854
Following the groups norms is good for survival as long as you don't delude yourself into thinking that you are a part of something bigger than you are and don't forget that you are only you and the world ends then you die.
>>
>>16606628
This
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.