[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A former male friend/roommate won't stop spying on me through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 498x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 498x374
A former male friend/roommate won't stop spying on me through social media. I think he might be obsessed with me even though we had a falling out and I have blocked him through every social media platform I have. We share a mutual friend in which he continues to talk about me to despite cutting communication with him several months ago. She has told me now that she has, too, discontinued correspondence with him as he is very invasive and has a problem with boundaries. How can I deal with this? Any advice on how to just cope or affirmations to just ignore would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>16606536

Are you serious?
>>
>>16606544
No, I'm joking...
>>
Well if he's harmless you can just ignore him, he can jack off to your facebook pictures all he wants, no reason you should care about it. But yeah, that's what you get for broadcasting your life on social media. I never understood why people have tens or even hundreds of photos on facebook and shit.

One curiosity though, how do you know he's spying on you through social media?
>>
>>16606549

I was hoping you were, because the answer to your question is "nothing" and "stop posting private shit on social media if you can't block people properly."
>>
>>16606553
I discovered he found a blog that I kept secret and would screenshot my posts to discuss them with my friend. That's what I get for posting photos? Isn't that kinda victim-blaming here? I've made my Facebook and Instagram accounts private and blocked him. He then found my blog and saved shit. My friend told me so that's how I found out. I've deleted it since then but now he's asking about me through mutual friends.
>>
>>16606555
Maybe my other post might clear things up for you. I'm pretty sure I know how to navigate privacy settings when they are applicable.
>>
>>16606560
>>16606566

>Victim

He is just some obsessed loser. 99.9% chance he isn't going do shit and he will get over it eventually. He is going to lose all his friends soon acting the way that he is, and after that he won't really have much of a way to stalk you and that will be that.

Anyway, there is nothing you can do.
>>
>>16606576
I was just hoping that would be the better course of action than having to confront him about his behavior but that's probably what he is fishing for. He doesn't have many friends to begin; only people he talks to over the Internet. I'll just let nature take its course then. Thanks, maybe I just needed to hear it from someone else.
>>
>>16606588

Confronting him is only going to encourage him. Just pretend he doesn't exist. He will find a pony to love instead eventually.
>>
File: 1433729624173.jpg (35 KB, 398x399) Image search: [Google]
1433729624173.jpg
35 KB, 398x399
>>16606560
>victim blaming
Fuck off with that dumb shit, mate, you're not on tumblr. I'm not saying you're at fault for him stalking you, I'm saying you could avoid dealing with this shit by broadcasting your life.

But yeah, that's fucking creepy as fuck. As I said, ignoring it seems fine to me, but if it really bothers you, you can contact him, tell him you know what he's doing and ask him to stop it because it creeps you out and makes him look like an obsessed freak. Then block him on everything again.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.