[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spinning or weight lifting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (756 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
756 KB, 1536x2048
I want to start exercising seriously, and taking classes seems to be a good way to motivate myself to actually get the shit done. I have a few goals, which include eventually biking to work (once I buy a bike and get into shape for it) and doing some weight lifting. I have no idea what to when it comes to weight lifting and probably would need a class or personal trainer, and again I'd need to get into shape for biking around.

I'm going to pick one of these classes but not sure which. The weights class scares the fuck out of me because it will be more one on one attention from the instructor and likely more time spent talking to classmates. We would probably have to pair up with someone to spot us and I'm geeky, unhealthy and awkward. I bet everyone else will be attractive, strong and fun. Spinning sounds better because it's less interaction with people but doesn't fit my schedule as well and yeah. Idk. Help
>>
>>16606472

Is this in school or something? Definitely take the weight lifting class. This is from the guy who probably does the most cardio out of anyone who lifts at his gym.
>>
>>16606472
>once I buy a bike and get into shape for it
joking? just fucking ride the bike omfg america.
here in germany "everyone" (read: lots of people) has a bike and rides it no problem. buy one NOW and start riding it.
>>
>>16606483
Yeah these are college classes. I expect them to be full of hot 19 year olds, which is intimidating.

>>16606490
Well riding the bike is how I would get into shape for it. But I meant I needed to ride enough to where I felt confident I could ride the distance to work without issues. It's not too close, and the 15 minute car ride would be like an hour (?) on a bike.
>>
bump i need to decide this soon. i'm really terrified of the weights class because people, but it might be good anyway? no idea how that would go desu.
>>
>>16606812

Just take both you moron you're trying to get in shape
>>
>>16606826
don't have time for both. i'm a student and i work. it's hard to get enough sleep as is...
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.