[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: bronson.jpg (542 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bronson.jpg
542 KB, 1920x1080
Hey guys, newfag here.
Im on the brinck of growing up, i dont know how to start a life, nothing but one thing seems interesting but that one thing is not reliable and it drives me crazy. I prolly sound like the bigges whiner, i dont feel bad for myself im just in want of some advice from someone who knows how to become an independent indevidual.
>>
>>16606326
Do you have a job?
>>
>>16606340
No i do not, i do however attend to a school where we live in the wilderness and learn to survive and manage with little help from every day gadgets. But its not very rewarding or character building. And when its over i will prolly feel lost.
>>
Nobody will teach you how to be an adult, you have to discover that for yourself. I can only give you some obvious advice you probably heard before.
Get a job in a field you find interesting and exciting, but be sure to actually know something about it beforehand. If you can't come up with anything figure out how big of an income you want and how much effort you're willing to put into it, then start your career in a field that balances these things. Remember that money comes over time, don't try to have it all as soon as possible because it will only make you unhappy. If you find that your job makes you unhappy, sad to wake up in the morning quit it and look into something else.
Focus on your physical and mental health, but don't get lazy and don't procrastinate. If you have to do something, do it. Get out of your comfort zone as much as possible, experience new things, even if they seem mildly unpleasant at first. Every new experience will help you grow and become less of a faggot.
Try to be as social and pleasant as possible, it's the greatest skill you can have. Talk to as many people as possible, be honest and positive. If you make a mistake admit it and apologize. If you have nothing to apologize for, don't.
Try to find a productive goal and work towards it, don't just live to reach the next day.
Don't be afraid to start or end relationships, just follow your gut. If you think a person can make you happy, go for it. But don't be too hasty to commit too much, be sure you are able to break things off without screwing yourself over, at least in the first few years. Also don't settle for someone you don't truly like, your partner is probably going to be the most important person in your life, but it's still better to have none than one that doesn't fit you.
Don't pay attention to that impeding sense of doom, it happens to everyone and for no real reason. Your problems aren't as big as they seem.
>>
>>16606350
Well, wilderness survival can certainly be important in life, and hey, at least you're still in school.
Honestly, a job helped me grow up some, teaching responsibility and money management. You said you were in the wilderness... is it possible to get a part time job? Or even something done on your spare time? Do you live with your folks?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.