[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever managed to go from someone with literally no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: assburger.jpg (34 KB, 234x278) Image search: [Google]
assburger.jpg
34 KB, 234x278
Has anyone ever managed to go from someone with literally no friends, not even online friends or nerdy friends in his mid 20s to a sociable person with several friends or even a gf?

How did they do it?
>>
there are people who did it for sure

it's like a snowball effect

i have seen many people making comments like "I miss my old nerdy days", implying that they were nerdy before but changed
>>
>>16605859
I did it. I was socially a fucking mongoloid in high school, i had a decent reason or two but what matters is that i got over them in time.
>>
I moved to a new town in 7th grade, knew no one. On the first day of school, I ate lunch by myself. The next day, I picked a dude in class that had a cool t shirt on, started talking about music, and then asked if I could sit with his friends for lunch.
They were kind of assholes at first, but I kept showing up and cracking jokes, and eventually we all became very close. That's how I got pretty popular in high school.

Same thing in college, just picked random people to find a connection with, and just stayed consistent. I work now, so I'm always traveling and being surrounded by strangers. You just have to treat people like you have known them for years, and that wall of tension dissolves immediately.
>>
File: ron.jpg (7 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
ron.jpg
7 KB, 286x176
Sure. You grow up. You become the man you want to be, and build the life you want. The process of doing both of these things tends to attract like-minded people.
If you can't have a giant dick, have a giant bank account and be fun and happy, surround yourself with only the people you love- family, and a couple of friends. A man who has that has everything.
It's all part of being self-made. Build your life, make your mind a fortress by feeding it. You'll attract people worthy of your attention, guaranteed.

Oh, and this is a training exercise for you: bring a good book (not one of those comic books you faggot manlets like nowadays, a real paper book without pictures) with you to a local bar. Have 2-3 pints of beer at the bar, and enjoy your book. 80% of the time someone will ask you about the book, a man or a woman. Talk to them a bit. I used to have a 'bar book' I only read when I did this. Took me months to finish it, and I met some nice folks and got to know my bartender, too, who had great tits and stopped charging me full price for my beer.

Changing your routine and doing something positive and productive with your time, even drinking beer and catching a buzz while reading Hemingway, is how you grow.
>>
>>16605923
You sound like a pretentious shallow faggot
>>
>>16605976
Why does he?
>>
>>16605923
yeah people would ask about some autist reading a book at a bar because that's an extremely embarrassing thing to do.
that doesn't make you interesting, it makes you a sperglord
>>
>>16605996
>bring a good book (not one of those comic books you faggot manlets like nowadays, a real paper book without pictures)
>Hemingway
Hemingway is nothing but a glorified journalist. So much for the "good" book. Hence the pretentious shallow faggot
>>
>>16605859

I did. Just grew confidence around you. Developing a discipline that involves mind and body can be a good way to start.
>>
Yes except i was/am a teenager (ive been 18 for about a month). I did very cool things with my life and interesting things always happen. If i saw myself doing something i went for it. literally only took 1 year, 1 year ago i was a homeschooled recluse with crippling social anxiety now everyone wants to be my friend because I'm cooler than them
>>
>>16606087
>I did very cool things with my life
>If i saw myself doing something i went for it
Concrete examples?
>>
>>16605859
Just talk to people. If you hear them talking about something your interested in talk to them about it. Just randomly say hi to people and ask about their day and what they are going to do later on and try join them or invite them to something your doing
>>
>>16606103
>Just randomly say hi to people and ask about their day and what they are going to do later on and try join them or invite them to something your doing
Are you actually doing this? It sounds autistic af.

Any real concrete useful advice that people have actually applied?
>>
>>1660609
i started putting together events/parties and managing musicians. i went to a lot of events and people started recognizing me, so i was in the scene before i started working in it.
i look really good all of the time so that also helped my confidence
>>
>>16606121
>>1660609
i meant
>>16606099
>>
>>16606123
So you had prior knowledge about music stuff?
>>
>>16606117
I have applied that myself and I have went from no one knowing me to the whole school knowing me
>>
>>16606132
You really did that?
>You: Hey, what's up? What are you up to?
>Random person: About to eat some pizza and see the latest Star Wars
>You: Sounds cool, mind if I join?
>Random person: Sure

That sounds really weird and unrealistic.
>>
>>16606129
yeah.
i went to a ton of events, talked to a lot of different people and i decided i want to throw events, they saw a cute girl doing that and thought it was cool. then people wanted me to manage them. when your actions speak for itself people will recognize that
>>
have a few friends you really care about and have their back no matter what. a lot of people think having a million friends is the shit but its not. the # of friends you have doesn't matter, its about how many want to be your friend because you're naturally a dope ass person. and if the friends you do have actually care about you.
>>
im 26 and more awkward than ever

I mean I post here for fuck sakes
>>
OP here.

My main concern is how to catch up on all the social skills that others developed during all the years of daily social interaction.
>>
>>16605859

No one is going to save you.

Get strong, get confident, go do shit, look for the things you want and try to get them.

It's all up to you, fly or fail.
>>
>>16605859
I did, mostly after becoming self-aware of my shortcomings, working on changing them, and learning how to become a dependable motherfucker. Over time, that translated into confidence through success, a decrease in worrying about talking to people, and a big increase in sociability. I know what I want to say to people, how to say it, how to work with their responses to build up a good working relationship, and how to be affable. It takes time, experience, and the ability to pretty much bullshit well by knowing generalities about things, so you can carry on a conversation for an extensive period of time. You also need to know how to think on your feet in a discussion.

But you're not going to develop any social skills just by sitting on your ass here and bitching about it. You need to actually talk to people. Find common interests, show some enthusiasm in giving a shit about other people's business, and it'll move from there.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.