[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>got all four of my impacted wisdom teeth out which required
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (537 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
image.png
537 KB, 692x577
>got all four of my impacted wisdom teeth out which required cutting gums, drilling through bone, stitches, etc.
>surgeon prescribed small amount of vicodin
>out of vicodin and my mouth still hurts

Anyone have tips for managing post-surgical pain without narcotics? I have advil and tylenol, but they aren't doing much for me.
>>
>>16605608
When i had mine done ibuprofen was all i needed for the pain, the 25 percocets i got were just the icing on the cake. So either man the fuck up, or call the doc if its that excruciating, odds are he'll throw you a few more.
>>
>>16605608
Hey buddy, I had this happen to me too, as well as an aditional surgery which involved removing a growth within the bone of my jaw.
They had to enter throught there my lip and gums connected and drill into it. Mind you this was also in the same visit as removing 4 impacted wisdom teeth.
They gave me opiates for the pain, and I nearly passed out from blood loss on my way home.
It was a terrible experience and im sure you're having a VERY hard time without the same medication I got. I know your feel.

I cant really help you manage your pain, you're going to feel a LOT of it. Just dont try to clench your jaw, grit your teeth, dont lick the stitches, change your gauze or whatever they might have put in to prevent bleeding.

Also, a helpful tip, since im assuming eating is incredibly difficult; drink slimfast. It tastes like shit but the drink is calorie dense and helps provide you with vitamins and things which you wont be getting normally, hot soups and things are not always the best.
Keep your mouth clean as well, always rinse.
>>
I'm a month away from being 29 and my wisdom teeth have never come in. This scares me so much haha
>>
Aleve or Ibuprofen.
Take it with the vicodin. The aleve commercial really tells the truth. That shit cures all.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.