[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boyfriend and I want to be a power couple. Anyone have any advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Boyfriend and I want to be a power couple.

Anyone have any advice on how to dress/behave in order to appear like we have our lives together? Keep in mind that we're both uni students.
>>
It's not going to happen right now. Get decent jobs once you graduate. What are you studying?
>>
>>16605276

Go back to reddit
>>
>>16605283

I'm in media, he's in chem engineering.
>>
>>16605296
Media is fine, but engineering isn't exactly a high profile job. The careers need to somewhat go together for you to be successful as a power couple too, even if you're both doing well, otherwise you're just two successful people that happen to be in a relationship
>>
Write a list of the things you would like to improve in your life and perform small steps that bring you closer to these goals. Don't aim too high, go one step at the time.
>>
>>16605320
>>16605329

Both pretty sound advice, thank you! (I love lists)
>>
>>16605276
>Keep in mind that we're both uni students.
Unless you're trying to impress other students, don't even bother.
Suits and business attire all day, every day. Casual manipulation of other people to achieve your goals. No perceptible weaknesses in form or fashion. Plus other people have to be willing to buy your presentation.
>>
Focus on your studies and paying the fucking bills, you dopey bitch.

You and your man can worry about keeping up with the Joneses when you finish your education.
>>
Your goal is to both be successful, intelligent, entrepreneurial people.
To achieve that, you're going to have to become successful, intelligent, and entrepreneurial.
My friends consider me to be that kind of person, but in truth I'm a lot lazier than they realise I am. Even so, this is a goal you have to put serious effort into.

If you have hobbies like vidya, movies, television, or browsing the 'ol chon, you might want to seriously consider limiting the time you spend on those.
Read books - and not that self-help bullshit, read useful books: books which teach you about critical thinking, science, history, etc.
Read autobiographies of successful people and see what they've done, see what crosses over with your own ambitions. Don't try to mimic outright what successful people have done, but take the lessons that cross over with your own dreams and disregard the ones which don't.
Do stimulating things. Look up events near you and go to them - museums and large libraries often have such things, so do local clubs.
If you see an opportunity to learn something or be a part of something, pounce on it.
Be diligent in your self-improvement. If you do something badly, recognise what you did wrong and figure out how you can do it better next time.

Finally, realise that if you're just idolising a specific couple or an idea (like, say, the photo you've just shared), you're not going about this the right way.

If that's how you're going about this, you're the equivalent of a fat neet who decides he's going to be Bruce Lee, joins a Karate academy, and then never does anything except show up for the once weekly lessons.

If you really want to be a high achiever - find something you want to achieve highly in.
>>
>>16605276
Wouldn't that make your relationship more about other people rather than the intimacy of the two of you?

P.S. Jay Z cheats on Beyonce constantly and one of his pregnant side chicks was found dead in her apartment around the time Beyonce became pregnant. They're the next Whitney and Bobby Brown.
>>
>>16605320
>engineering isn't exactly a high-profile job
That's not necessarily the right attitude.

If you go looking for success, you just end up chasing your tail.
The real key is to find something you want to do, or even something you just have qualifications in, and decide that you're going to be the fucking best at that. If anybody wants that, and they want the best, they're going to have to come to you.

That's what Benjamin Franklin did with printing goddamn newspapers, and he wound up owning the entire US mint.

He was a genius, but the point still stands. You can be damn successful by doing seemingly mediocre jobs. If you're good at it, and you want to be a high-achiever, then you'd better start working to achieve some heights.
>>
>>16605276
> Uni Students
> Lives Together

Error 404-logic not found
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.